Any recent NIW I140 approval from VSC?

shopjin

Registered Users (C)
I submitted NIW I140 & 485 to VSC in March. RD is 03/09. Haven't heard from them since. It is almost two months behind their online processing date 04/30. Is there anyone here in a similar situation? Thanks.

I-140 Approved!!!!

Dear friends,

I applied in EB1 under NIW category. I ticked under category (i) .... (An alien applying for a National Interest Waiver (who IS a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability) in Part 2 of the I-140 form.

Applied on 11 Nov 2003 (self-petition)

RFE on May 2005

Responded on 13 July 2005

Approved on 08 August 2005.

Interesting development: I left US for a job in Hong Kong in June 2004. I responded to the RFE from Hong Kong.

EB1 NIW does not require job/presence in the US.

I work for a top US investment bank. I want to get transferred back to NY. Keeping fingures crossed. Now, I have to apply for I-485 using CP. Is that process really complicated. I feel, that now I need professional legal help. Need advice.

Chatterjee,
Congratulations! What is your service center ? What is your RFE about .....was it big ? Hope you will get GC soon.
Thanks

Vermont center.

RFE:

Letter said NIW petitioner must establish that:

(a) area of intended employment must be on substantial intrinsic merit
(b) proposed benefit must be of national in scope
(c) labor certification should be adverse to national interest

Letter cleared me of (a) & (b) but asked more evidence to prove item (c)....

Thanks for all your replies. I called USCIS yesterday. It took half an hour to wait for a representative. It seems she could do nothing but send a request to VSC regarding my application status. And she asked me to call back again if I don't receive anything within 30 days, :(

VSC I-140 NIW & I-485
RD 03/09/2005
AD ?

chatterjee,

Does USCIS know that you are now working in HK? (I mean in the RFE did you reveal that your current position?)
I may face the same question. Thanks a lot!

I-140 Approved

Yes, I informed USCIS that I am working in Hong Kong. In fact, I used my current HK job details as evidence to substantiate my case as well.

Chatterjee,

Thank you for your answer. Are you sure you applied the NIW and not outstanding researcher? Becauase as far as I know, NIW belongs to EB2. In your approval notice, does it say Section 203(b)(2) or Section 203(b)(1) ? Thanks a lot.

Just got the letter in hand. Under Notice Type it says:

"Indiv w/Adv Deg or Exceptional Ability in the National Interest". It did not state 203.... category in specific

I guess it is EB2. I did everything myself, without attorney help, and applied in that category to avoid labor certification -- thinking it was EB1. Basically, looking at all the alternatives, I found that I was best suited in that category. I thank god that it worked thus far (with the v little knowledge that I have about the application process). Nevertheless, I would say that I took a lot of effort to present evidences and materials in a v professional manner (V tapes, DVDs of media appearences; media quotes, recos; media reports on my field, schools, etc. ...).

Now, I am worrying about my 485 stage... how to go for it from outside US without imposing travel restrictions into US in the interim (assuming consular processing).

RFE strategy

Hi Chatterjee,

I also work in IB and just submitted my NIW petition. I will probably get an RFE similar to yours. I am curious how you proved (c). Any help with strategy will be appreciated.

Thanks.

chatterjee said:
Vermont center.

RFE:

Letter said NIW petitioner must establish that:

(a) area of intended employment must be on substantial intrinsic merit
(b) proposed benefit must be of national in scope
(c) labor certification should be adverse to national interest

Letter cleared me of (a) & (b) but asked more evidence to prove item (c)....

piper warrior

I think the reco letters can be supportive of point (c), specifically. However, I had framed some valid arguments to establish (c). I have more than 10ys of Asia experience at mid-to-senior levels with global investment banks.... that, that experience is not available in local labor pool, and so I won't be replacing available talent, and depriving local companies from my permanent service commitment would be hurting US interest etc.