Any Recent Arrivals with Advance Parole at JFK, NY?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
I will need to use my AP early next month at the JFK airport, NY after I return from a business visit to non-native country. I am a bit concerned about recent (post 09/11) immigration related developments. I don\'t have a valid visa stamp (but have a legal valid H-1B status and I-485 original approval letter from the INS). My EB-2 NIW based I-485 has RD of 02/02.

I would appreciate if you could quote your recent experiences of arrivals using advance parole at JFK airport. Does it matter that my visit is to a non-native country? [I am from India but will be visiting Singapore due to company work.] I have valid Employment card and will keep immigration documents and employment letter ready in case they ask.

Thank you.

I used AP on 05/27/2002 at JFK

I used my AP when i returned from India (left for India on 05/07/2002). He took my AP papers asked when did i left for india and scanned the pasport put the respective APs on each passport (We were three me my wife and daughter) and requested me to go to the room. On the room the gentleman took one copy of AP and stapled the I-94 and gave it to us. It took about 10 mins total. But there is no hassles.

Hope this will help

Thank you, kvselvan.....

Thank you for your reply - it was helpful. In which queue one with AP should wait at the immigration counter of the airport - the one for American citizens or the one for non-immigrants?

Thank you.

Jigesh