Any recent approvals from Dallas local office?

Dallas03096

Registered Users (C)
Are there any recent approvals from Dallas local office after the PD became current in June?
Still waiting for approval (630 days after successful completion of I-485 interview)

Light at the end of the tunnel

Just received word from Congressman's office that I-485 for me and my dependents have been approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Suspense Continues

I have still not received any letter from USCIS about my I-485 approval!
Here is the sequence of events:
June 21: Congressman's office called me and informed my I-485 has been approved.
June 28: Infopass - Local office says "Case is still pending review"
June 28: Congressman's office says "I-485 has been approved on June 20 but the officer has not updated the status in USCIS computer system yet"
July 4: E-mail notification for approval of 5th EAD (applied on April 19; approved on July 3).
July 5: According to I.O on 1-800# the case status still shows "Transfer to Dallas office for standard interview"; Can not raise Service Request until July 15 (60 days from the earlier Service Request date of May 15)
Still no snail mail regarding the approval. In the mean time shelled out another $180 for EAD renewal application for my son on June 29.
So the suspense continues whether my case has been approved or not!

Transferred back to TSC from Dallas local office

In today's Infopass visit to Dallas local office, I was told "Your case has been transferred back to TSC on 07/05/07; You may write to TSC if you want any further info".
This information was given out by the person at the window where they normally issue tokens for going inside the office. She refused to issue any token for going inside the office saying "We do not handle any employment based cases in this office" even after I pointed out that my I-485 interview was done at Dallas local office. When I said "My Congressman's office says my case has been approved in June 2007", she responded "We don't know about that; Our system shows your case has been transferred to TSC on July 5; That is all the info we have in our system"; She also refused rudely to give any status for my dependents' cases saying "They need to be present here with you; How do I know they are in USA?"
Do not know how long this suspense will continue. Have also raised a Service Request today through Customer Service Rep in 1-800#.

Dallas03096,
Sorry to hear all this mess. My and my wife's EB based AOS interview was on June 27, but the officer refused to approve on the same day saying that my background check was not complete even though I was told in 4 different INFOPASS appointments prior to the interview that all of our background checks and Namechecks were clear. But anyway, I wanted to ask you a different questions here because you seem to be a veteran of EAD.

1. Do you advise in self-filing for EAD renewal? If so, online is better or paper filing is better?

2. I want to file only for my wife's EAD renewal who is in derivative status for I485, and NOT my own. Is this possible?

3. How long before the expiration of current EAD we can file for renewal?

4. When USCIS renews the EAD, do they give the validity date from the current EAD expires or from the date they issue?

Thanks.

In today's Infopass visit to Dallas local office, I was told "Your case has been transferred back to TSC on 07/05/07; You may write to TSC if you want any further info".
This information was given out by the person at the window where they normally issue tokens for going inside the office. She refused to issue any token for going inside the office saying "We do not handle any employment based cases in this office" even after I pointed out that my I-485 interview was done at Dallas local office. When I said "My Congressman's office says my case has been approved in June 2007", she responded "We don't know about that; Our system shows your case has been transferred to TSC on July 5; That is all the info we have in our system"; She also refused rudely to give any status for my dependents' cases saying "They need to be present here with you; How do I know they are in USA?"
Do not know how long this suspense will continue. Have also raised a Service Request today through Customer Service Rep in 1-800#.

Dallas03096,
Sorry to hear all this mess. My and my wife's EB based AOS interview was on June 27, but the officer refused to approve on the same day saying that my background check was not complete even though I was told in 4 different INFOPASS appointments prior to the interview that all of our background checks and Namechecks were clear.
Dallas local office seems to be giving second-class treatment to Employment Based AOS.

1. Do you advise in self-filing for EAD renewal? If so, online is better or paper filing is better?.
I have always done EAD renewal myself. Why pay the attorney for filing up such a simple form?
I prefer e-filing since you don't have to send the photos. When you get the FP (Code2) notice, go to ASC where they will take your photo as well as Finger Print for EAD.

2. I want to file only for my wife's EAD renewal who is in derivative status for I485, and NOT my own. Is this possible?.
Both I-485 and EAD are for the individual. So you can file for your wife's EAD renewal. As long as your wife's I-485 is pending, she can use EAD for working and AP for travelling.

3. How long before the expiration of current EAD we can file for renewal?.
Generally 100 days in advance. National Benefits Center takes about 80 - 90 days for approving EAD.
4. When USCIS renews the EAD, do they give the validity date from the current EAD expires or from the date they issue?.
Sometimes USCIS gives validity date for new EAD from the current EAD expiry date and sometimes from the date of issue. This year I was lucky to have it from the day after the expiry date of my previous EAD.

Dallas: I continue to monitor this thread so that I can happy ending to your story. I am glad to see that you have been strong all along. Keep it up.

Dont worry

Dallas,
Dont worry..Usually when the case is approved it will be transferred to the service center for further processing ( i.e) update of records and the ordering of plastic cards etc.Since the case is in the local office the online status will not show as approved.so it has to get in to the system.
The same thing happened to me and this is the info I got thru my infopass from one nice Gentle man .
I am also waitin to be updated in the system,So please let me know when u receive emails about cards.
you will start seeing message updates as case xfered to Tsc for further processing and pending there.
So don't worry.Let us wait patiently.
Sakti

Thanks dcmetro & sakti for your kind words! As per cougargal's post in this forum, it takes about a month from the time of transfer back to Service Center before the on-line status gets updated & another week before getting the card production order!

Dallas03096,

Thanks for answering. Just a few more questions for you again -

1. I know I can file about 100 days in advance. But I was wondering whether I could file 160 days in advance. (I want to file within July to avoid increased fee)

2. Do I need to send all the credentials by mail even if I apply online? I think sending documents by mail is optional, isn't it?

3. The I-765 form says that we must file our application at the same local USCIS office or Service Center where we submitted our adjustment of status application. In our case AOS application was submitted to Nebraska. However, Nebraska trasferred our cases to Chicago local office. So, should I mail credentials to Nebraska or Chicago?

Thanks.

Dallas local office seems to be giving second-class treatment to Employment Based AOS.

I have always done EAD renewal myself. Why pay the attorney for filing up such a simple form?
I prefer e-filing since you don't have to send the photos. When you get the FP (Code2) notice, go to ASC where they will take your photo as well as Finger Print for EAD.

Both I-485 and EAD are for the individual. So you can file for your wife's EAD renewal. As long as your wife's I-485 is pending, she can use EAD for working and AP for travelling.

Generally 100 days in advance. National Benefits Center takes about 80 - 90 days for approving EAD.

Sometimes USCIS gives validity date for new EAD from the current EAD expiry date and sometimes from the date of issue. This year I was lucky to have it from the day after the expiry date of my previous EAD.

Dallas03096,

Thanks for answering. Just a few more questions for you again -

1. I know I can file about 100 days in advance. But I was wondering whether I could file 160 days in advance. (I want to file within July to avoid increased fee)
USCIS website says apply for EAD renewal 180 days in advance but the downside is if they approve with valid from date from the approval date rather than the expiry date of your current EAD.

2. Do I need to send all the credentials by mail even if I apply online? I think sending documents by mail is optional, isn't it?)
I usually send the following supporting documents by mail: Confirmation Receipt for I-765 application, I-485 receipt, the top portion of current EAD approval (which says IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SAVE THIS MAILER. Use this section to speed up your application for extension or replacement card)

3. The I-765 form says that we must file our application at the same local USCIS office or Service Center where we submitted our adjustment of status application. In our case AOS application was submitted to Nebraska. However, Nebraska trasferred our cases to Chicago local office. So, should I mail credentials to Nebraska or Chicago?
When e-filing, I always got a MSC# and the application goes to National Benefits Center.
I guess if you are paper filing, you can send the application to the Service Center where you filed rather than sending it to the local office.

Dallas03096

Keep up the hopes. you will get the magic email soon

I am waiting. My priority date is June 2002 Eb3 India

Dallas03096

Keep up the hopes. you will get the magic email soon

I am waiting. My priority date is June 2002 Eb3 India

Thanks BMS. My Congressman's office told me today the transfer back to TSC was indeed for card production:)
Based on the feedback from another post in this forum, I anticipate the e-mail will be recieved by mid August!

33 days after transfer back to TSC, on line case status got updated today. Received CRIS e-mail "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred".

Thanks Dallas03096

How do we expedite interview process? gosh now ..thought watiching VISA bulletin is painful...more painful is "INTERVIEW DATE"...

Doh :(