Any Problems with Labour Substitution ?

vikuma

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My company Filed 140 & 485 concurrently for me
on Aug 22, 2003.

Mine was a Labour substitution from another person,who was laid off by the company before June 2003.

Since i have not received my Receipt notices Yet (Lawyer says she got only my wifes 485 receipt notice )

my doubt is , is there any thing the laid off person whos labour iam using currently can do - like informing uscis , or is my receipt notices might be missed or went to that guys address.

- please clarify.

Thanks
vijay
140 EAC03238*****
485 EAC03238*****
EAD EAC04065*****

Vijay,

Mine is also a labor subs case. Mine got filed in March 3rd week and got recipt this week for both myself & my husband.

My suggestion is to check with ur lawyer if they have cashed the cheques he sent them and then contact VSC. Maybe, ur got misplaced in mail.

Thanks JMD,

My checks got cashed , Thats how the lawer got the
Receipt Numbers (from back side of the cashed checks),
But not the Actual Receipt Notices.

Do we need the Receipt Notices ?
if at , then what point ?

Hello Jmdi,

Mine is labor substitution. I140-EB3 Notice date is 11/26/03, almost applied same time as yours. I am curious to know whether your 140 is approved? mine is not approved yet. Just wondering Is BCIS is taking more time in processing for labor substitution I-140 applications?

-Sud

Sudsh,

Mine is also substitute labor I140 applied on 12/12/03 at TSC. It is still not approved and no RFE either. Although I got my EAD and AP which tells me there was no RFE till now.

Which center did u apply with and did u apply 485/EAD/AP also ? If yes, what's their status ?

will_get_there

No, mine I140 is not yet approved.

vikuma, I think you need origianl recipts in cases like if you want to go for renewal of ur Driver's license. In NJ they ask for original reciept notice.

H1 notice is good enough

Vikuma,

I just renewed my license. I used a h1 -B notice which has a I-94 that will expire in 2005. That was good enough for driver's license in NJ. If you have any H1-Bnotice with I-94 not expired yet, just use it. You will get a 4 year license straight.

I used following documents
-passport,
-H1-b notice with unexpired I-94
-EAD card
-proof of address

will_get_there

Hi Jmdi,
In NJ you must receive a letter before expiring of your licence.Just fill it and send a check of amount whatever they asked.You will get non photo Licence for 4 yrs.
Thanks

140 Approved

Thanks Guys,

My 140 got approved yesterday as per the online message

Good luck to you all

Substitute labor eligibility

Hi,
Does the experience and education on a preapproved LC have the match exactly the new person at the time of his/her hire or does it have to match his/her experience at the time it is transferred?

E.g. At the time of entry I had B.S. + 1 year experience at the time of joining and now have M.S. + 4 yrs. There is a preapproved LC matching the MS criteria.

Would I qualify for this LC?

Please help!!

Thanks.

ssmita,

Depends on your experience level at the time the original labor was files.

Say if the original labor was filed on April 2, 2000, your experience/education on that day (April 1, 2000) would be considered, not as it is today.

:)

Thanks Adyav,

If that is the case, I may have been misguided :( :(

My original LC was filed after I got my MS but my lawyers
told me that since I did not have my MS at the time of my joining, they could not apply in EB2.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again.

Hi Vijay,
Congrats!!! Now you are moving to different boat 485..
Could you please let us know did you file in EB3 from vermont??
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
vikuma,
Congrats!! you didnt get RFE thats great.
So let us know that your education and experience matched with sub. labour?

Thanks,
rb180