Any Physical Therapists around??

No Title

Hi, I am one of the poor Therapist like you
Like to know more about the PT situations....,
Have any new informations????

No Title

My wife is PT. Situation is good and bad also. Good in the sense PT\'s do not have Labor Claerance and when they apply or GC they directly get I-140 approved in 4 to 5 months. But since generally everybody come in EB3 category they have to wait long to get their priority date current. And after that you might know that I-485 takes forever to be processed.
As far as job situation, it depends on which state you are. But in general very less jobs.
O.K. Help this info. helps you.

Ajay

No Title

Physical therapists are still having no jobs....butr a recent article I read said that the things are going to change again

Good Luck...

No Title

I m PT. I\'ve applied for my G. c. and I\'ve gotten my I-140 approval but have to wait for priority date. I have heard that they hold giving G.c. to PTs. I don\'t know it\'s true or not. It\'s not hard to find jobs this year.Better than the last year.

Rupal

No Title

Hi Ajay
    In which states the job situation is good for PT\'s. If somebody does his bachelour in phisiotherapy from india what do they have to do for doing a job in US. Can you please let me know.

Thanks and regards
Vinay

No Title

I know some PTs who got the approval notice, and are scheduled to stamp their passports in Boston on January, I am still waiting, my I-485 has been filed on August 97

No Title

PTs are abundant in the USA these days, if you were already in the US, it is fairly easy to get a job, it might not be what you want, but, employers now don\'t need to get into the hastle of bringing forifgn PTs.

No Title

thanks for the reply ..... can you please let me know if a person has a degree in phisiotherapy from india and is in US ....what does he has to do to get a job .... does he have to write any exam or anything like that ... he has got a 3+1/2 year of education ......thanks sanjay ....

No Title

A foreign trained PT is supposed to submit his/ her degree and transcrips to a credential review agency, there are three of those, each state has its own rules, none of those three agencies is acceptable in all states, so, you should decided which state you want to get a license in, get your education details reviewed, apply for licensure, once your licennsure is approved, you will be elligibly to sit for the board exam, you won\'t get your unrestricted license untill you pass this exam, for more information, you can purchase a booklet from APTA about Forogn Trained PTs, if you are already in the USA, call APTA at 1-800-999 APTA, good luck.

No Title

One of my friend is Doctor(M.B.B.S) practising in India.He wants to come to US on H1B visa.Friends,how are the chances
of a doctor to get H1B visa ? As per my knowledge a doctor has to pass ECFMG examination for getting residency in US.
But is there any other solution for him to work in medical line(I mean any other course to be attended in US) without passing
the ECFMG exam ? Are there any courses which can be passed/certified on the internet before coming to US for him to be
eligible to increase chances of getting H1B visa or a Job ? Please help and advise in the matter.

No Title

Hi
One of my friends has a degree in Physical therapy from manipal institute in India.He wants to come over to U.S.Can he come on a H1 here?If so who are the employers who are willing to sponsor H1 and their contact information.Doing a masters degree in Physical therapy in us ,would it help in their career here.How is the profession here ,regarding the jobs available here and the pay they would be making.

It would be really helpful,if you can share the above information.

Srikanth

No Title

Srikanth:
  Things are different now for PTs, it is very hard to find a job for some of eth American PTs these days, I don\'t know of any possible employers who would like to employ a foregn trained and take the time to sponsor an H-1B for him/ her, but, if he did a masters degree here, he might contact and interview some employers here while at college, but, no gurantees.

No Title

Doctors can\'t come to teh USA on H-1B visa, they have to pass the exams prior to entering the USA on a J-1 visa, this is a temporary visa that requires the candidates to return home after finishing tehir residency here, but, there are ways around it, refer to the J-1 section in this board.

No Title

hi
I am PT with 5 years experience. Can I go through EB2. I heard some Indian software Engg. having Bachelor and 5+ year experience have got there 140 filed and approved in three months. They have filed 485 since it is current for EB2 category. Is this same for PT\'s. Any one there ?

No Title

My wife is a Speech Therapist. She is masters in Speech and Hearing from India. She could not get any opportunity as a student or a therapist till now. How can we go about gettig a job for her? Would appreciate your comments and suggetions.

No Title

Hi Varghese

If you are looking for a job in New York, Contact Rehab Resources at 315-342-9575

Sam

No Title

Okay - Just starting this process and I\'m a little confused.....
I have a friend in Germany with a degree in Physical Therapy and over 10 years experience. She would like to come to the US. First choice is a \'green\' card. She wants to work in her field, but will consider a student visa. She is studying for the TOEFL test.
So.....it would seem she can get a H1-B visa - can that be converted to a green card? Is a job offer required before applying for an H1-B visa? Can she come to the US on a \'tourist\' visit and interview for positions, or will this make her ineligle to come back under a student visa? (something about a 214 exception)....
I guess I\'m just looking for some VERY basic guidance...
She has a degree
she has 10 years experience
she qualifies under Schedule A
she would prefer a green card, but would except a E2, H1-B, or Student Visa, assuming this won\'t keep her from getting a Green Card.
Does she need a job offer before she can come to the US? How does someone manage that?
*so confused*