any Ph.D. student got NIW approval recently ?

atatat

Registered Users (C)
hi, guys

If you are a Ph.D. student and have got your NIW approval recently, could you please share your experience ? I am a Ph.D. student and thinking to do a NIW self-petition.

thanks in advance

atatat

No Title

,i AM ALSO A ph.d. STUDENT IN CHEMISTRY, i WONDER IF STUDENT CAN APPLY FOR EB1. by the why,could you tell me what is NIW?

Ph.D. students and NIW

It\'s hard but not impossible..

You will have to convince the INS that YOUR WORK and not YOUR FIELD of work is important and merits a NIW.
Strong letters of recommendations from scholars in the US help a lot. Avoid generic versions.
Do not fake any documents--if you\'re not an "expert" in your field yet it is understandable considering you\'re a student-- INS will grant you an NIW if they see the "potential". I don\'t think Ph.D students who try to project themselves as established experts in the field can do a convincing job.

My advice--apply in the EB2 category and back up all your claims (no matter how small) with documentation. Remember it\'s the relevance not the volume of documentation that matters.

Hope this helps. BTW if you\'re wondering I got my NIW approval last year. Good luck

PhD in microwave engineering

I am a PhD student in Electrical engineering. Someone told me that I could be eligible for NIW since I work for projects sponsored by army. Now I am very much interested in how to apply using NIW.

Did you hire a lawyer, or you did everything by yourself?