Any Pending 140 Past 2002

no140

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Are there any people out there whose I-140 is pending panst 2002. My
case is EB2 concurrent filing using substitute labor. No RFE, EAD and AP approved. But no signs of I-140 for over 500 days! :(

How to send this petition, by snai mail or email

Thanks for all the replies. Please tell me how can I send this request? to whom?

The Director,
US Citizenship and Immigration Services,
USA

Subject: I-140 backlogged in CSC

The Director,
US Citizenship and Immigration Services,
USA

Subject: I-140 backlog at CSC

Sir,

As you are probably aware, CSC has a backlog of more than 1 year for I-140 EB2 and EB3 filers. As per the new law for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485, such cases will be adjudicated concurrently. Since I-485 is taking anywhere between 24-36 months to process, not adjudicating I-140 beforehand will impede candidates from using AC 21 option. If for some reason the candidate loses the job during this period, which in the current economic situation is quite likely, his/her green card processing stops, leaving no option to fallback on AC-21 provisions. This defeats the very purpose of AC-21, which provides relief to candidates in similar situations. The caveat there though is that candidates could change jobs as long as their I-140 petition is approved and I-485 petition is pending for over 180 days.

We, at the immigrationportal community request you to please expedite I-140 processing so that it will give required relief to I-140, I-485 concurrent filers by allowing them to change jobs while waiting for I-485 approval.

Thanking you in anticipation.

With regards,
( Name )
( Signature )
Case No : WAC XXXXXX

I-140 approved on August 5,2004

My I-140 was due since October 2002, It was approved on August 5th, 2004. Reason stated for the delay was the time taken to get 'A' file from NRC as it was substituted labor. :rolleyes: