eBhola

Registered Users (C)
Did Any one with the following
1> Approved 140
2> Pending 485
3> EB3
4> From Retrogressed Country

got an RFE on 485...

Just wondering -- if NSC are touching the above cases .....

Last edited by a moderator:
eBhola said:
Did Any one with the following
1> Approved 140
2> Pending 485
3> EB3
4> From Retrogressed Country

got an RFE on 485...

Just wondering -- if NSC are touching the above cases .....
Do you have a case like what you've said and you got a RFE ?

In that case, NSC is touching your case :)

btw, all of the service centers have maintained that they will continue to process cases even when numbers are not available -- they will process the case upto the point where you need a number - then it will stop and wait for Oct or whenever.

yeah - as the other poster asked, what's your PD and your 485 RD or ND ?

max2k1 said:
yeah - as the other poster asked, what's your PD and your 485 RD or ND ?

max2k1...
Pl see my signature for PD... Looks like a long long way to go for my 485...

Yes NSC says that they will continue to work on files -- even if there are no visa numbers ... but then they should be a significant population of guys who should have got some RFE already...

But that does not seem to be the case...

Anyway lets wait till Oct this.

eBhola,

I am in the same situation as you're except that I haven't gotten any RFE on my I-485. However, I received an email from the local congressment stating my name check has been cleared and my FP is still valid. They said NSC is waiting on the visa number availability to adjudicate my I-485.

Mahesh

It may be because of your PD. I happen to read somewhere that PD before July 2002 for EB3 cases are being approved as visa numbers are available.

Mahesh

Waiting For I-485 Approval

PD : August 2002.
I-140/I-1485 : RD November 3 , 2004
EAD (For both me and my wife):January 14th,2005
FP ( For me and My Wife):March 15th,2005
Biometrics ( Got for my wife only ) :April 15th,2005
I-140 RFE On A2P : April 29th 2005( Replied After 40 days)
I-140 AD : August 11th, 2005.
I-485 : ?????

Can anybody have the situation like wife got Biometrics notification but not primary person?
Please share your views.

Thanks

waitingfor_gc said:
well i feel they are working on I-485 cases in EB3 also. since i got the approval. see my signature :)

I think they probably already allocated a visa number for your case since you sent the response to the RFE in June.

waitingfor_gc said:
well i feel they are working on I-485 cases in EB3 also. since i got the approval. see my signature :)

hey waitingfor_gc,

You had mentioned that your 485 got approved on 08/24/05!! Did the 485 approved message says you have to wait so and so date to get your card?? As everyone knows EB3 is unavailable for all countries now so looks like USCIS is just approving and sending cards later once the visa is available?

Thx

sanjose72,

It does not say anything like that, but may be they will send the card after october 1st.

but the online message shows like this:

This case has been approved. On August 24, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

sanjose72 said:
hey waitingfor_gc,

You had mentioned that your 485 got approved on 08/24/05!! Did the 485 approved message says you have to wait so and so date to get your card?? As everyone knows EB3 is unavailable for all countries now so looks like USCIS is just approving and sending cards later once the visa is available?

Thx

Wow Waiting_for_GC,
I am glad thay at least approved your I-485, I am happy for you.
I am right behind you ... give me some of your luck :)

God Bless.
ND: August 28th 2003, EB3
RFE1: Responded in May, 2005

cnr, just hang on and track your status, and follow up with NSC, surely for you also approval is nearing since you got your RFE :)

of course, my wishes are there for all of you in same boat!

cnr said:
Wow Waiting_for_GC,
I am glad thay at least approved your I-485, I am happy for you.
I am right behind you ... give me some of your luck :)

God Bless.
ND: August 28th 2003, EB3
RFE1: Responded in May, 2005

Processing 485.

Although USCIS claims that -- they will continue to process the 485 of retro afftected countries, even there are no visa numbers ...
But it does not appear to be true...

It looks like they have stopped after PD -May 2002.. for EB3's. May 2002 stems from the fact that there are no RFE's after that.....

Whats Ur thought on this?

Nadi,

I totally agree with you and it's very true NSC has stopped processing 485's and is expected to begin (hopefully) the processing in October. I even got an email from the local congressment that my case is waiting on an visa number and will be adjudicated as soon as it's available as my namecheck has been cleared and FP is still valid.

Mahesh

How does this go --- regarding retrogression and cut-off dates..

Is USCIS in consultation with the State Department to release the dates and visa number..? or State Department does this all independently..