Any one waiting on dependent approvals(I485)?

Self approved today, but spouse not updated

RD Aug, 2001

Primary applicant approved Mar 4, 2003.

Spouse (derivative applicant) waiting

Ind061973, Grd111401, Rastamandrum, Vannakkam,

Have not heard from you guys for some time. Any good news?

Any dependent I485 approvals?

My wife's case is still pending. I called INS and its the same answer it is with an officer.

Please post here if any Deppendent cases got approvals

hi shilpa my case got approved on feb 18th and got our passport stampedon march 3. atlast a big burden has gone down from our head. In my case both primary and dependent got approval same time . the primary applicant got the approval notice three days after approval dependent got it after a week. anyhow everything ended well. we are happy now. I am praying to god that all of them should get their approval without any further hindrances.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE:D

Hi Shilpa,
I got a question. Did your husband got direct approval from NSC or was there an interview in the local office?
I am in same situation as you in 245 i. Stuck here for the past 3.5 years without seeing parents.

Did you try calling INS? What did they say?

Have you taken any action as its been more than 480 days after you filed for 485? Becaue that is the max time they ask us to wait, right?

My RD is NOV 2001. Still waiting to hear something from INS.

What is 245i ?

Can some one explain what is 245i ? Normally dependents case should be Filled same as I485.

Any dependents got approvals ? Any news ?

Thanks,

We're in same boat.

I (direct beneficiary) and my son (derivative) have received our Approval Notices on 07/11/2002 and plastic cards on 02/01/2003.

However, my wife (derivative) didn't receive her Approval Notice yet. We all appied our I-485s at the same time. I made couple of phone calls to IIO and they said just wait. INS Case Status Online Service shows followings;

-------------------------------
* Receipt Number: LIN0123556***
* Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
* Current Status:
On January **, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
-------------------------------

Is this kind of delay common? Actually my wife's case is a derivative of mine. Then I don't need to worry about my wife's case, do I? Is there anyone who is in same boat? Is there anyone who can give us any helpful comments or advices?

I think I (direct beneficiary) already got the approval and plastic card, so my wife (derivative) would not have any problem to get her approval notice, but I'm looking forward to prior applicants' valuable experiences and kind advices. Thanks in advance.

My wife's details are;

* Receipt Number: LIN-01-235-56xxx
* RD: The RDs on following forms are different
- on the I-485 Receipt: 06/27/2001
- on the Approval Notice: 08/06/2001
* ND: 08/07/2001
* FD: 12/11/2001
* No RFE

* AD (Me and my son): 07/11/2002
* Plastic card receive date: 02/01/2003 (Me and my son)

astro

Today, They sent the REF. for my son but still do not know "about that".
Anyway they start to process my son's case.

Swarna21,

My husband got his approval without any hassel or interview.
I am still hanging in there...no 2nd RFE, no information, nothing.
Getting sick of life.

Wait111 : Is it your son's second RFE? Please share the details once you get it.

I see some light

Could not bear it any more; called the IIO. To my suprise, she said my case was approved on March 10. Online status still has the same old message; however, AVM confirms the approval. Still can not believe it. I was under the impression that online and AVM share the same database. I'll rather wait for the letter before I start breathing again. I don't know whom to believe.
Thanks guys and please don't mind my expressions of frustration,

Shilpa

Thanks Swarna21,
Online status changed this morning and I have already contacted a travel agent.
What a relief!
My case had some complexities. Since my case got approved, you'll all get approved for sure. It's just a matter of time.
Good luck to all of you and thanks for your help.

Shilpa

Congrats!

Shilpa, Congrats!!!

Cab you please give your case details like RD and when is your husband case approved and any RFE ....

Thanks,
Ind

Details:

RD June 2001
ND July 2001
My RFE was on birth certificate. My husband's RFE was on employment and BC.

I have received the official approval letter today.

Good luck to all of you.

I am still waiting for 245(i) approval, I applied as a spouse, my wife got approval for her green card last Spetember, then I applied for 245(i) because they request for RFE why I was out of status(2 years ago), we send back RFE on October 2002 still I haven't got anything yet. I checked case status online, saying that fingerprint fee was accepted.

My wife's case is still pending and with the same message " fingure prints received on Jan,2002................." . I called INS-Neb and they are not giving information of my wife to me. My wife is presently in India on AP. I am not sure that might be the reason for pending ? Fingure prints are going to expire this month.

Please share info in this thread if any one still waiting on dependent 485 approval.

Thanks,

Got approval for spouse

My case was approved on 4/3. But my wife's was still pending. On 4/11, her case was approved too. My lawyer was saying that it was just a background check delay. I think it turned out to be the case.

RD: 8/23/2001
ND: 9/26/2001
RFE sent: 12/26/2002 (BC and Emp letter)