any one travel china with travel documents & it is a safe or not?

balajishop

hi i want to go to china for my business trip anyone can tell me it is safe to go with travel document or any other problumor risk ?
last year i went to canada & i had a very bad experian in return time they check my status on computer almost 3 hours & ask almost 50 question & after they let it go. even i am scared to go outside us.

I just came back from a trip to China, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. I came back through LAX, all asylees had to go through secondary screening at the immigration, I guess it is normal. It took an extra 45 minutes or so depending on the airport traffic. The immigration officer only asked me if I went for vacation, and verified my immigration status.

jmyeosf: can you please tell me what are the visa procedures for a trip to hong kong then china? do you just apply for one visa from the chinese embassy and that should be sufficient? how long does it take for them to process your visa application?

Jmyeosf,

Would you explain how the Chinese border control officers treating you when you show the RTD to enter and exit?

I applied for a visitor visa for China and a separate transit visa for Hong Kong at the Chinese embassy. Both took only 4 business days. For Hong Kong visa, I submitted copy of my plane ticket, hotel reservation, bank statement and a letter from employer. It was fairly easy obtaining a transit visa, I was granted 2 entries to Hong Kong, each last up to 7 days.

I entered China through Beijing Capital International Airport. The immigration officer had a hard time assigning a citizenship code for asylees on their computers. My suggestion would be to either leave the citizenship as US or blank on the arrival card. Other than that, it was easy going in and out of China.

It is very hard to believe what you mentioned here.

1) How could the Chinese government let you enter its gate with an US asylee travel document, when they clearly knows you've betraied this region?

2) How could US government let you re-enter US as an asylee who just came back from his persecutor without any problem?

No immigration officer questioned you when you entered US?

Very hard to believe.

jmyeosf said:
I entered China through Beijing Capital International Airport. The immigration officer had a hard time assigning a citizenship code for asylees on their computers. My suggestion would be to either leave the citizenship as US or blank on the arrival card. Other than that, it was easy going in and out of China.

Maybe you can tell us about china..Its an intriguing country but have fear of visiting it because of stories heard...

Oh stories about U.S citizens being abused at the airport..stories about general food/sanitation..i know most are untrue but some countries just have the stereotype labeled to them..

wantmygcnow said:
Oh stories about U.S citizens being abused at the airport..stories about general food/sanitation..i know most are untrue but some countries just have the stereotype labeled to them..

As long as you do not venture beyond the urban areas you will be in good shape. And the government there welcomes you as long as you do not engage in anything political.

Jmyeosf,thank you for your posts.One more question,did you present only RTD or along with your passport?Thanks.

Most of the immigration officers have never seen a green RTD, that's why they were having problems

I am curious if you are a chinese. if you are not, you could it, if you are, I doubt?

jmyeosf said:
I just came back from a trip to China, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. I came back through LAX, all asylees had to go through secondary screening at the immigration, I guess it is normal. It took an extra 45 minutes or so depending on the airport traffic. The immigration officer only asked me if I went for vacation, and verified my immigration status.