Any one know of any Rejections at Consular processing at Chennai Consulate??

just read about one in the last yr I have been following this board ....

the one that was rejected was because the company faxed the termination letter to the consulate a few days before the guy\'s interview !!!!!!!!

That sucked big time and the poor guy never knew about it till the interview !!!

The consulate was Mumbai !

i agree with im9999

i have been following this board for nearly a year. I have seen only a couple of situations

1. rejection because of company letter
2. another guy had delay because of fbi name check, however with the new nvc process we should not have that problem
3. delays because of invalid birth/marriage certificate

No Title

There were a few people stuck on account of something called "export licence"s too.. dunno what happened to them but me thinks they were mostly china case.. but also remember reading one NWD case

That is definitely an important reason ...

My lawyer charges $750 for CP and $2000 for AOS. AOS fees will increase if your case takes a long time .... he would charge another $500/year after the first year .... so for those with TSC, its more than $2000 ....CP works great for people who were as it is going to their home country to visit family etc and can combine the interview :)

If your case is clean and you are sure of keeping your job for atleast 8+ months after 140 approval then CP is the best way as even with the new process(via NVC) one should get GC within 6 months of 140 approval ...

So my suggestion is that those under CSC should definitely go for AOS as their case itself takes 60 to 90 days to reach NVC from CSC ...so that makes it like 6-9 months for GC ... probably they can get it through AOS within the same time

NSC and VSC is a personal choice as they are also doing great with AOS ...

But those under TSC should definitely go for CP as AOS could take upto 2 yrs !!!

Ofcourse one always has AC-140 and this would take around 4 months from 140 approval but then its more easily justifiable for EB1 and EB2 cases ... I have rarely seen an AC140 case not accepted by either Delhi or Mumbai even though they are EB3s....

Chennai does not do AC140 !

What is AC140?? and why Chennai consulate is not accepting that??

What is AC140?? and why Chennai consulate is not accepting that??

im9999..that was a very good write up..

I completely agree with u and people from CSC should surely go for AOS..

AC140 is attorney certified 140 .
if ur i140 is approved and you did not notify them to forward to NVC,then u can do AC140..

i think the way it works is as follows:-
Your lawyer files for I824,but u dont have to wait till it gets approved.
With the I824 receipt you can send ur case directly to the consulate and the consulate will create a case number for you.

In India,only Bombay and Delhi are accepting AC140 cases.Chennai doesnot accept ( their whims and fancies..!!!!!!).

Shanks

Please help

Did you read from the memo "Chennai doesn\'t accept ac-140 procedure " ? I am in a similar situation