Any One is pending since jan 02 even after FBI namecheck done!

RDJAN2003

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Mine isJan 2002 case( don't confuse with my id). my name check is completed on jan 2003. till now i didn't receive my approval. my inquiries reveled that it's pending on routine security checks. i really don't know what it means. i tried used all the possible help with senators. AILA, congrssman but no luck. all of them came back said same thing.so gurus is there any other check other than FBI name check, FP, IBIS. If there is please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Its a shame that 2002 filers are still waiting ....

First of all
#1. You seem to contradict yourself ... You mention that your name check is completed.....But go on to add that its pending security checks..
Are you sure your name checks are completed ??????
If you called up INS to ask for the same... Thank you may have been informed incorrectly... Your name check may still be pending.

#2 Did you send a snail mail/email to FBI to see what is the status of your name check...??
I am assuming you have already done this. If yes take this response from FBI and fax an expedite letter to INS Director Vermont. The format of such a letter you should get on this website

#3 As per my knowledge there are 2 kinds of security checks

1. FP checks (sent to INS the same day its done)
2. IBIS (Inter Border Services..done usually 3 months..Database for this easliy accessible to INS)
3. FBI name check (takes anywhere between 3months to 24 months)

Good luck to you and all the best !!!!!!

RDJAN2003 said:
Gurus,
Mine isJan 2002 case( don't confuse with my id). my name check is completed on jan 2003. till now i didn't receive my approval. my inquiries reveled that it's pending on routine security checks. i really don't know what it means. i tried used all the possible help with senators. AILA, congrssman but no luck. all of them came back said same thing.so gurus is there any other check other than FBI name check, FP, IBIS. If there is please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Here

I am a April 2002 filer. Finished 3rd FP 5 weeks ago. Was told by senator that name check was cleared. No approval yet. Sent in expedition request two weeks ago, no response. AILA called VSC and was told that the case is pending service consideration, and should wait for another 15 to 30 days.

Jan 02 here

Did my 3rd FP last week.... Saw couple of LUDs this week. Waiting for some action... see signature for details

Orange treats,
Yes my name check is cleared according to the my senator office personal.She talked to FBI twice and found out that my check is cleared back in jan 2003. INS confirmed that they have my name check results.when ask about approval they say Internal security check is pending . i really don't know what that means.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Security check....

Even though I revd email from FBI about "check completed on 01/2003"

god knows...

Count me in.

RD - Nov. 2002. FBI name check completed in Mar. 2003 (according to FBI email). Contacted senator & congressmen - same answer "case pending service consideration, blah-blah-blah". Sent expedite request. Received standard case status replay in return. I am going to write to senator and congressmen office again. No idea what to else to do.

DS

rdjan2003

as far as i know there is one additional namecheck which is
called the IBIS check.. this is done internally by the uscis
and should be quick.. the results used to be valid for 35 days..
i read somewhere that the validity was increased..
hope that helps..
----------------
485 nd-12/02
fp2-03/05
ad-??

Blade Runner,
Thanks a lot for your reply.what if during IBIS check there is hit and needed further analysis what do they do? any ideas??
Thanks
Srikanth

lovesing,
do u know where your case is pending?? i think mine is pensing at IBIS check. i know this check hardly takes 10 min . if there is a hit then it need's to be resolved before it's assigned to officer.
Thanks

RDJAN2003 said:
lovesing,
do u know where your case is pending?? i think mine is pensing at IBIS check. i know this check hardly takes 10 min . if there is a hit then it need's to be resolved before it's assigned to officer.
Thanks

Any ideas or statistics how long does it take to resolve the "hit"? I suspect that my case is pending (RD Nov. 2002, FBI name check - Mar. 2003) IBIS name check.