Any one heard of INS OFF-SITE?

californian

Registered Users (C)
Hello Good People -

My lawyer placed an inquiry with INS regarding the status of my I-485 application, whiuch has been pending with INS since 10/1/01. Here is the progress over the last 2 years -

Filed at - California Service Center
File Date - 9/18/01
Receipt Date - 10/01/01
Finger Printing - Apr 2002
RFE Received & Responed- Aug 2002

Below is the extract of the response from the letter received from INS:

"Your case is pending, however, the file is off-site and will have to be ordered back to the California Service Center. Since the file has to be ordered from off-site, you may therefore not hear anything further regarding this case for perhaps 60 to 90 days. Please allow for this time to retrieve your file and properly adjudicate your petition in an appropriate manner"

Here are some of the questions I have -

1. Where is this off-site?
2. When does a file get moved to off-site?
3. What does it mean to the case when a file gets moved to off-site?
4. Any one out there who received a similar response from INS?

Any light shed on the above questions is very much appreciated.

- Californian

I think people responding to enquiries are making stuff up and say whatever they feel like to push back on queries. I have been calling NSC for my AP application, processing times for which have been way past the RD. I get a different response every single time. They are just fucking with us..

off site..these morons are capable of saying off shore too....saying your file had been send to consulate for counslar processing...... OR may be OFF SHORE PROCESSING CENTER....