Any one has experience with Officer #442?

pravas_desi

Registered Users (C)
Recently I have an RFE on my 485 case. My attorney responded to the RFE end of last week. Does anyone have any insight into how long this officer#442 will take to approve a case after recieving response to RFE?

485 RD/ND: 4/11/2002
FP: 5/31/2003
RFE: 6/10/2004
RFE Revd: ???
AD: ???

You could review my previous postings. Anyway here are the RFE questions

RFE for
1) Prove that I am in status for few months when I was a student. (have all the proofs)
2) EVL
3) Marriage Certificate and proof of nullification of all my previous marraiges. (I must re-assert that I have only 1 wife )

485 RD/ND: 4/11/2002
FP: 5/31/2003
RFE: 6/10/2004
RFE Reply Revd: ???
AD: ???

Hi parvasi,
I got rfe from the same officer too. My lawyer replied to it last week. Did you get RFE for you wife too? I am asking this b'cos on internet I can see that an rfe is issued for my wife too - but we never received it.

How you find officer Number ??

How do you know which office will likely work on your case ??
:confused:

Apr2004,

Can you please tell when did your attorney mail the response? and did he overnight the response?

I am just curious as my attorney kept on postponing the reply to RFE till I got on to his nerve and last friday he said he had mailed it. Based on your response I want bug him again, if needed.

Can you please let us know when you get approved.

Thanks.

my lawyer send the RFE on 19th, Monday (overnight) and web site today says LUD updated on 20th.

Mine is also the same officer

congratulations Pravas_Desi

Mineis also the same officer 442.

He has asked the same questions for marriage.

What document did you file for the Marriage.

In my case, I dont have the regular marriage certificate ....... as that was not the practice. I submitted copy of marriage invitation.
However we got
(A) a certificate ( in a plain paper) from the priest who performed the marriage.
(B)And also my wife got the Affidavit swearing in to declare that we are married for a long time.

My question is "Do I have to submit some thing else?" which I dont have ?

And another question is "How long does this officer takes to clear the case once the Response to RFE is received by him ?

Thanks for the input. My RD is also in April 2002 ( 4/23)

Did you receive the Green card ?

I recommend you include priest letter and if possible an affidavit from priest. If you are from India, then contact indian consulate as they might issue for you with priest letter.

I recommend that you also include few marriage pictures (take color copies).

This officer is very prompt in clearing cases. For me he cleared it in 1 day. This has been the experinece of Apr2004 as well.

No, i haven't recieved card yet but status is changed to card ordered.

Good luck with your case..

pravas_desi.

Thanks for your prompt response

I will include the photographs.

Will also check with the attorney what she has to say. Unfortunately, the attorney is not a Desi ........ dont know if she can understand our methods.

Another thing is........my marriage is 22 years old and the photos are not that easily recognisable..... those days we had big sideburns and long hair etc... and now our look has totally changed....... well we can only do what we can do....

Your input has really made me feel better........... that too to get to know that the officer is really a prompt guy........ my sincere appreciations and grateful to you for your sincere response......

Will update the status of the outcome.