any one got similar message updated

masaimara

Registered Users (C)
Current Status:

On August 2, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What does this mean? Is an RFE generated on my case

I got the following message, similar to yours, but mine sounds definitely RFE

On August 3, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I got the same message, but I know why. Because I called the day before
asking for FP notice. LUD changed twice after I got this new message.

The officer on the phone was pretty nice though. She told me that my file
was "on shelf" (don't what this means) in June. She said that every file on
shelf should get FP in 60 days (sounds like internal rule for me). She didn't
take my wife's WAC #. She told me that if my wife doesn't get her notice,
she can go with me once I got my FP notice.

could you folks please post your reciept and notice dates. will help other people know where their case will be on the "shelf".

my I-485 receipt date is jan 18,2002

masaimara said:
Current Status:

On August 2, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

masaimara said:
Current Status:

Same happened with my case (and my wife's). I am waiting for my 2nd FP, so thought this could be the one.... who knows whats going on out there... :confused:

I don't know. I moved twice, too. and I am still waiting for 2nd FP notice while almost everyone around my time has got one.

chenkaiwen said:
Yes, I did. Moved twice for the last 2 years.
Did you imply that my 1st FP might lost in the mail?

The message means that INS responded to your or your representative's inquiry. You will receive fax reply or a snail mail. I received snail mail yesterday.
Also, the response could be a RFE or FP notice.
WC