Any one got green card after being laid off?

get_it_done

Registered Users (C)
Here is my current situation, I-140/I-1485 filed concurrently Nov 2003 and Dec 2003 respectively. I have obtained EAD and Advance Parole documents.

My sponsoring company will lay me off in the first week of September. I am planning to transfer my H1 B to a different company just to be safe.

a)Has anyone got there green card while facing this situation? My sponsoring company will not withdraw my I-140 and answer any RFE's.

b)Looking at the processing time at Texas my I-140 will come up in three months time,Will this affect my I-140 decision because I was laid off in September? Will any one the RFEs ask for paychecks from the sponsoring company?

Please respond. Thanks in advance.

get_it_done said:
Here is my current situation, I-140/I-1485 filed concurrently Nov 2003 and Dec 2003 respectively. I have obtained EAD and Advance Parole documents.

My sponsoring company will lay me off in the first week of September. I am planning to transfer my H1 B to a different company just to be safe.

a)Has anyone got there green card while facing this situation? My sponsoring company will not withdraw my I-140 and answer any RFE's.

b)Looking at the processing time at Texas my I-140 will come up in three months time,Will this affect my I-140 decision because I was laid off in September? Will any one the RFEs ask for paychecks from the sponsoring company?

Please respond. Thanks in advance.
You should be fine. I have seen many cases like this including my case. Transfer H1 to new company and start working. Since the company is ready support you even in case of RFE there should not any problems whatsoever.

Send the AC-21 letter only after the approval of I-140. Do not go by news.

Can my H1(6 yrs expired) be extended by a different employer - EAD approved.

Hi,

1. I got my EAD. My H1 is on 7th year extension. I got laid off.
2. Can I extend my H1 for 8th year from another employer, based on Pending I-140 application.
3. I am planning to work on EAD for another employer after 180 days. Does that raise any RFE on I-140 process? My I-140 is pending from my previous employer.

Thanks

br200000 said:
Hi,

1. I got my EAD. My H1 is on 7th year extension. I got laid off.
2. Can I extend my H1 for 8th year from another employer, based on Pending I-140 application.
3. I am planning to work on EAD for another employer after 180 days. Does that raise any RFE on I-140 process? My I-140 is pending from my previous employer.

Thanks

Eighth year is possible on Pending I-140. Try to avoid the using EAD in this situation. If you use EAD in any bad eventualities you will be out of status immediately. If you have eighth year H1 It would be more safer