Any one from Delaware waiting for oath??

baba11

Registered Users (C)
I and my wife live in Wilmington, DE area. My wife had inerview on Mar,10 at philly but still no oath letter. does any one know how long is it take to get oath letter for DE residents?
if you are a DE resident and receive oath letter, please post it here.

I and my wife live in Wilmington, DE area. My wife had inerview on Mar,10 at philly but still no oath letter. does any one know how long is it take to get oath letter for DE residents?
if you are a DE resident and receive oath letter, please post it here.

I know someone interviewed in early February has not got OL yet for oath ceremony in Wilmington.

I believe the reasons can be
(1) There are not enough many applicants in that region so oath ceremoeny is held much less frequently. Oath letter will be sent only when they accumulate enough many oath takers.
(2) I don't think oath will take polace inside a USCIS building but in soem courts. Courts are busy and only schedule narualization ceremony as frequently as that.

WBH,

thanks for your response. do you have any estimate between ID and OD for DE residents?

I am a DE resident, Wilmington area. I had my interview December 22, 2009 so far haven't received an invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

NSCS officer says that my case has been approved but is in queue for oath ceremony

I am a DE resident, Wilmington area. I had my interview December 22, 2009 so far haven't received an invitation letter for the oath ceremony.

NSCS officer says that my case has been approved but is in queue for oath ceremony

Hello sergenes,

you scared me with your response. I am living in wilmingotn area too and just waited less than two months for oath but you have waited more than 4 months.
did you ask NSCS officer that how long is it take to get oath letter?
whenever you get oath letter, please let me know. thanks

Hello baba11,

Yes, I contacted a NSCS officer and received a letter saying that my oath ceremony is delayed due to no available dates in court (sounds weird to me because I am not changing my name, why court when all I know are just going to the Callowhill St. office in Philadelphia?). Upon receipt of such a notice I had nothing left to do but to send an inquiry to Delaware senator. Let's see where it will go from there

On the same note, today my co-worker, Delaware resident, recieved an invitation for oath ceremony for May 14th (will take place in Philadeplhia). That person had her interview back in August 2008. Took almost 2 years from an interview till oath ceremony.

Hello baba11,

Yes, I contacted a NSCS officer and received a letter saying that my oath ceremony is delayed due to no available dates in court (sounds weird to me because I am not changing my name, why court when all I know are just going to the Callowhill St. office in Philadelphia?). Upon receipt of such a notice I had nothing left to do but to send an inquiry to Delaware senator. Let's see where it will go from there

On the same note, today my co-worker, Delaware resident, recieved an invitation for oath ceremony for May 14th (will take place in Philadeplhia). That person had her interview back in August 2008. Took almost 2 years from an interview till oath ceremony.

This has been discussed before. We are not sure why some Delaware residents can get interview in Philadephia USCIS office but can not do oath ceremoeny in that same office. We once speculated that it may be due to some jurisdiction
issue which applies to oath but to interview but your co-worker's oath notice show that is not the case.

Hello sergenes,

I have contacted wilmington court. she told me that there is oath ceremony first Thursday of each month. she has confirmed about May and June oath ceremony in wilmington court but she doesn't know who is coming to oath ceremony. As I checked the Philadelphia thread, the biggest ceremony in delaware is on June in U of DEL. so hopefully we will receive oath letter around mid of may, otherwise we have to wait until sep for next oath in wilmington. I wait till mid of may and if I don't get oath letter, then I contact DE senator.
if you get more news, please share it with me. ThanX

I passed the interview on 03/31/2010 @ callow hill Philadelphia .. and i was told the next available oath ceremony in DE was 8th of April and then was 6th of May.. as i was travelling i requested for May 6th.. but havent recieved any communication so far..

shabbu77,

your oath dates in DE are correct but there are many people waiting for oath ceremony in delaware so I beleive you and me have to wait much longer.
Sergenes is waiting from Dec, 09 so I don't expect to get my oath letter soon. only hope is June oath ceremony. if it happens in University of DEL, then many people can go to oath ceremony. otherwise we have to wait for next ceremony in Sep. if you get oath letter, please post it here.

Me and my wife gave the interview on 12/22. She got her appointment for 4/1 and took the oath. I'm still waiting for mine. I just spoke to another friend and he just received his appt letter for 5/6. He gave his interview in January 2010. I guess I'll have to just wait for mine.

Me and my wife gave the interview on 12/22. She got her appointment for 4/1 and took the oath. I'm still waiting for mine. I just spoke to another friend and he just received his appt letter for 5/6. He gave his interview in January 2010. I guess I'll have to just wait for mine.

2smart,

based on your info, May, 6 oath ceremony is for those people who had interview around Jan,2010 and before. we hope to get oath letter for June, 3 ceremony as I and my wife had interview in March. The oath ceremony in delaware only happens first thursday of fall and spring only. so next oath ceremony is June, 3 and after that Sep, 2 . if we are lucky, we can get oath letter for June, 3 ceremony.

by the way, how long did it take between your friend oath ceremony (5/6) and oath letter?? your statement shows only 4 days between oath letter and oath ceremony. is it true???

He told me he got his oath letter on 4/29 ... so about a week between the letter and ceremony.

Also, not so sure about the fall and spring - since my wife had it in April & now there is one is May. I had asked the officer (when I went with my wife) and he said that the oath ceremony takes place on the 1st Thursday of every month.

Interestingly I had a few people who had met a few people during the April 10 oath ceremony who had their interview in Feb 10 .. so I don't think you are that far .. keep your fingers crossed.

2smart,

if you see people in oath ceremony that had interview in Feb, 10 , then why are you still waiting for oath letter?

you said that you had your interview in Dec, 22, 09 and still didn't receive oath letter.what is the reason? did you get a infopass and talk to USCIS officer??

I find out that the next oath ceremony will be on June,3 in Uinversity of DEL. after that next oath ceremony will be on Sep,2. hope we get oath letter for June, otherwise we have to wait another 4 months.

That is true . I had my interview yesterday 5/13/2010 . My officer said my oath would be in Wilmington DE .

Officer of my wife said that she can take oath in Philadelphia on 5/26 . My wife wanted it to take along with me so she also got moved to Wilmington .

One of my friend and his wife just had oath taken in Philly just last month .They are also from DE

I got oath letter on June 3rd . I hope everyone waiting should have got it or should be getting it tomorrow .

sergenes and 2smart,

did you get your oath letter for June,3 oath ceremony in University of Delaware? I got my oath letter but my wife didn't receive her letter although she had interview one months before me. if you get oath letter, please post it here.thanks,