Any one entered USA on Advance Payrole???

Ind061973

Registered Users (C)
Did any one entered USA by using Advance payrole(when I485 is is pending or approved)?? Please share your experience at port of entry.

Thanks in Advance

Ind

I'd like to know that when one enters on parole, are you parolled until some specific date? Is it for one year like EAD?

Thanks.

Last Year on December 26th I used Advance Parole to enter USA. BCIS officer stamped on all three original copies of AP and returned 2 sets to me.

hey dear

At port of entry, were you in the Immigrant (GC holders) or non-immigrant queue? Did they ask for or do u need to carry your orginal I485 receipt and/or employment letter and other docuemnts? I aprreciate it

My wife returned to US on parole, along with two children who has the H-4 stamp. Since my wife used EAD to get the job, she had to use the parole, even though she has H-4. She came thru Non-immigrants line. She was told to wait and after 15 minutes some one checked the parole and let her in. She was not asked anything except the parole. She was carrying EAD and I485 receipt notice copy and paystub from employer, but nothing was asked for .

She got the stamp on I94 that she is admitted upto one year, I do not know why it is one year. But luckily we got GC approved within 1 year.

Sameer

Hello rajb00,

At port of entry I was under adjustment of status (I-485 stage) and I was in non-immigrant queue. I gave my passport and AP to a BCIS officer. He looked at my papers and asked me to go to a different queue (may be special AP queue). None of the officers asked me about the original I-485 recepits, employment letter or any any other documents.

I had the copy of I-485 receipts and employment letter at the time of entry. My lawyer has the original I-485 receipts.

Advance Parole

I live near the Canadian Border and cross daily with an Advance Parole. I have no problems at the Border or the Airport.

Border Guy

Do you live in Canada or USA? Can you file 485 if your adress is in Canada and you work in USA?

Crossed on AP to US from Canada today. Nothing was asked, gave the officer, passport, parole papers and I485 Receipt.

They gave me a new I-94 valid till the date of parole and two copies of the parole.

Rajju

Thanks every one for your experience. Did any one entered USA on Advance payrole and please share ur experience at port of entry ? ( Situation is I485 is approved when out of USA on advance payrole )

Thanks in Advance,
Ind

you bud..I entered twice on AP from

Europe to USA
HAd to stand in the Non-GC/Citizens lane
Was taken to INS Secondary (Still am,after the I485 Approval Stamp)
- there they stamped the AP (I only submitted one copy) ,stamped the ppt as "
paroled under I485 adjustment of status" and the I94 and stamp on ppt were valid till date of AP validity

Hope this helps
Cheers
Jack

In my wife's case, the I-94 and the stamp on the passport say "Paroled Indefintely" - there's no expiration date. She entered via SFO Aug 02.

Entered using AP

When I entered in Dec 2002, I carried only one copy. They asked me for all the three copies. I said I kept the other two in a safe place. :) They told me that I was supposed to carry all the three copies. Anyway they stamped the one I showed and gave it back to me.

My wife entered in LA in Jan 2003. She had a different experience. They took the only copy she had and allowed in.

In both the cases the validity date is up to the AP validity date which is one year. Not sure what that means as we are in AOS.

It is time again to reapply for AP.. Any thoughts how to proceed??

Entered using AP

What happens if the validilty of AP is a single more day when you enter. Are you given a I94 valid for a day ?

I am to travel and return just a day before expiry of the 1st AP.

< Not willing to give them command over my life anymore ! >

Hi Rajju

Would you please share your landing experience in Canada. I have following questions, would you please answer them.

1. When and Where did you land in Canada.
2. What is the process once you land in. Did you come back on the same day or stayed for a while.

3. What docs did you take to show CIC people.
4. What is your experience while coming back to USA, I mean at the border or POE.

I am also planning to land in Canada by crossing the border at Niagara Falls. And want to come back to USA on the same day.
I don't want to go to Toronto because SARS.

I've USA advance parole. Would I be facing any problems at the USA border while coming back. What did you take with you to show INS while coming back.

Please, Please share your experience.

Jack, Please Explain

You said you had your passport stamped, and then you were talking about advanced parole. Do you need AP when your passport is stamped. My understanding is that the stamp is equivalent to the GC, and you can travel without using the AP, also you are legally an immigrant if yuo have the stamp and should be in the immigrants' lane.

What am I missing here?

hi WING buddy

well let me clarify in case my post was slightly confusing.
I entered several times,on AP - in the non citizens' non GC holders' line.

Then,once I obtained the stamp on the ppt,I was still taken to INS Secondary,from the citizens' GC holders' line.

Cheers
JAck

Is there anyone from an NSEERs country who used AP after the registration? I'm curious as to what extra checks are required.

rgds,
sadiq