Any one changed your address at GC stamping?

a_v1

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to go for stamping on Thursday and wanted give my friend's address as I may move to new place soon.

Is it advisable? Any one did this before? What is your experience?

Hi P001,

I would say, it is not advisable. Despite giving my friend's address at the time of passport stamping, my green cards arrived at my current address (which is on USCIS's file). Luckily, I haven't moved and was able to collect it. I strongly suggest that you postpone your move by a month or two. It is all the more a reason for you to postpone your move, because USCIS is taking less than two months to process the plastic cards from the date of PP stamping. In my case, I received my plastic cards yesterday in the mail after getting my PP stamped on Aug 18,2004 at San Jose. Think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done exactly what you asked for and am waiting for the card. Passport stamped on 30 Aug. Moved to new address on Sept 26th. Gave friends address during stamping.

got address change done today during PP stamping

I asked to have address change done today whilst getting PP
stamping for my wife. They gave me a form to fill up. Hope my
wife's GC arrives at my new address.

-srikrs

My wife changed address at her stamping in late June - the immigration officer asked us if we wanted to do that. However the card still came to the old address about 6 weeks later.

On seperate issue we travelled overseas and she used the passport stamp to renter without any difficulty

regards