Any of your friends returned back to India?????

Just read this!

I think it was an Indian newspaper article - mentioned that a company called Cognizant was the biggest hirer for this year in India. The article said that they hired MBAs from top schools here and in India. I am sure it is a tech company and would like to get people w/ US experience.

And guys out there - there are enough Indians in the US with top positions in companies. Warren Buffet's right hand man is an Indian, McKinsey's CEO till some time back was an Indian (those in the business world would understand the meaning of that!), and there are a lot of other people who have done well. The last census reported that there are only 1.6 million people of Indian origin here out of a total pop. of 300 million. The glass ceiling exists, but a lot of people with bright minds have the potential to break it.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
tennis11 said:
I think it was an Indian newspaper article - mentioned that a company called Cognizant was the biggest hirer for this year in India. The article said that they hired MBAs from top schools here and in India. I am sure it is a tech company and would like to get people w/ US experience.

And guys out there - there are enough Indians in the US with top positions in companies. Warren Buffet's right hand man is an Indian, McKinsey's CEO till some time back was an Indian (those in the business world would understand the meaning of that!), and there are a lot of other people who have done well. The last census reported that there are only 1.6 million people of Indian origin here out of a total pop. of 300 million. The glass ceiling exists, but a lot of people with bright minds have the potential to break it.

Good luck!
I agree with you of Indians reaching top positions in US organizations. My personal experience is that I used to work with one of the Indian managers in a GE businesses for 3 years. He joined as a manager (with prior experience) and progressed to become a CIO of a $1 billion plus GE company in 4 years. He is around 36 yeras old.

I think the resaon (we feel that) we are not progressing to gerater positions is that most of us work as consultants/contractors so will not have groth in organizations. Even if some of us are working as a full time employees, you can not move to differnt role/position untill you get your GC.

Generally its taking around 4 to 5 years to get GCs. In the initial periods of the carees everybody has high potential and getting stuck to one position for 5 years is preventing us from using the potential to fullest extent.