Any NSC AC21 140 withdrawn cases approved after MTR?

IL_LABOR

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Please post your experiences if you filed your case from nebraska service center and your case got approved . This is for those cases that used AC21 after >180 days of pending I-485 and I-140 approval , their pervious employer withdrew the approved I-140 and USCIS cancelled the I-485 by mistake. I know a lot of guys ( including me ) whose case got reopened after a MTR was filed, so far I haven't seen any such cases being approved by NSC. Yes , VSC has approved these kind of cases.

Thank You all for any info you have on this.

count me in too

il_labor,

my case is very similar tha what u described except that my I140 was still pending 9+ months when i used ac21. the new ac21 memo should have a very +++ impact on all such cases (ref. sect 1). my MTR was filed late Feb. 2005 and still is pending.

what do you mean by "opened" MTR? can u pl. elaborate on this?
thanks.

How do you deal with RFEs

Hi aws,
Did you get any RFE on I-140?
What is your action plan if you get any RFE on I-140?

I am on same boat I-140 >185 days and there is an RFE. Now I have to change employer. Could you help me how to answer this RFE?

Regards,
gc4now

This means that my case was reopened based on a Motion to Reconsider because of the unlawful denial of my I-485 as per the guideliness of Mr. Yates August 2003 memo

replied to u in another thread

gc4now said:
Hi aws,
Did you get any RFE on I-140?

~~~ nope!

What is your action plan if you get any RFE on I-140?

~~~ don't expect any rfe either as the petition was filed with all good stuff as needed by cis

I am on same boat I-140 >185 days and there is an RFE. Now I have to change employer. Could you help me how to answer this RFE?

Regards,
gc4now

pl. post dates

IL_LABOR said:
This means that my case was reopened based on a Motion to Reconsider because of the unlawful denial of my I-485 as per the guideliness of Mr. Yates August 2003 memo

il_labor,

can u post the dates of 485 denial, MTR filing and MTR opening pl?
this will give a clue to timeline for MTR.
thanks.

Guys,

Please post your case deatils on this thread if you are one of the lucky ones who got approved from NSC in a AC-21 portability case which was denied due to previous employer withdrawing the approved I-140.

Thank You,

IL_LABOR said:
MTR filed in August case re-opened on october

il_labor,

one good thing is that ur case was opened within 2 months of filing MTR.
what does the on-line message exactly state?

one bad thing, as i see it, why should it take them 7+ months to decide on ur 485 if it was opened in Oct '04? did u check with them on this?
thanks.

Frustrating reply from the 1-800 number

I called up the 1-800 number . Waited for 30 mins and finally got through. I gave my LIN # and I got the same word by word reply as we see on the website. When I asked that my MOTIC based I-485 is noy yet adjudicated and as per the website , it takes around 30 -60 days for these kinds of cases to get approved. I was told that she can transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor "madam" gave me a very frustrating reply. She said that since my case was reopened in October , 2004 now I am in a new queue . As of now they are processing March 2003 cases and I should call when the date reaches october 2004. If this is correct, this would be an injustice to me. As my case was denied due to USCIS service center error which was later reopened on a MOTIC. I have seen many guys in this forum who were in a similar situation but they got approved and they were not subject to a new processing queue. This is so frustrating .

don't give up.....

IL_LABOR said:
I called up the 1-800 number . Waited for 30 mins and finally got through. I gave my LIN # and I got the same word by word reply as we see on the website. When I asked that my MOTIC based I-485 is noy yet adjudicated and as per the website , it takes around 30 -60 days for these kinds of cases to get approved. I was told that she can transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor "madam" gave me a very frustrating reply. She said that since my case was reopened in October , 2004 now I am in a new queue . As of now they are processing March 2003 cases and I should call when the date reaches october 2004. If this is correct, this would be an injustice to me. As my case was denied due to USCIS service center error which was later reopened on a MOTIC. I have seen many guys in this forum who were in a similar situation but they got approved and they were not subject to a new processing queue. This is so frustrating .

il_labor,

the only one who can understand ur situation fully is the one who is in the same boat as u --- and that is me :p

don't worry and take her word as final. i bet if u call them again and ask the same Q, u will get a different reply, which should not be as frustrating as the earlier one. when i called them @ my pending MOTIC, they told me max. 6 months.

i'd suggest u to contact ur local congressman or senator and seek their help.
good luck!
-aws