Any NIW case approved in recent 1-2 yr with MS degree only?????

There was one in this post recently, he is very good.

It is not easy for a MS to get NIW approval now.

My NIW with Master\'s degree was approved this month from VSC.

jigesh "VSC NIW Approved: Time-line" 1/22/02 1:53pm

Jegesh is way better than some PhDs, this is certainly not the case we want to discuss

WE really want to put info together for those normal MSs,of course, only 1-3 papers, 1-2 conferences,no reviewers, no major prize...

There was a guy I known in biology with none of above (paper, conference, award...)but got approved in 1998

if no recent approved cases, we should just give up and go for LC... what you guys think?

I thinks so,

those days are gone, it is much harder to get NIW approval recently. Probably LC is the best way to go for now.

No hurt in trying

if you can justify national interest, there is no hurt in trying. Also, some Ph.d\'s have been refused. so it just depends on how good your case is. one might have got a Ph.D with bad research/no papers etc. even with an MS, you might have done something/will do something that might help the country.

J1 Waiver

Hello
Please help me I am in dilemma. my application for NIW was approved July 2001 (AOS) I got J-1 waiver letter from USIA\' recommending me for waiver in April, 2001. But I did not get yet the final waiver letter from INS. Can I file I-485 without INS final waiver letter?..
Another thing my lawyer has filed I-612 form in INS for the waiver.
Thank you
Ahmed

Try to check your waiver case from INS

To my understanding, you have not got a waiver yet. INS will make the final decision. I guess your need to get a waiver before your adjustment of status.

No Title

If you are going for CP, you will need INS waiver. For AOS (I-485), the DoS (what you call USIA) recommendation is enough if the INS service center is the same for both (I-485 and waiver).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

J1 Waiver from INS

: jigesh
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes my INS Service Center for Waiver as well as for I-485 (AOS) is the same. How about my J1
3 years status which is expiring coming June 30th 2002? Time will be sufficient enough after filing I-485!!
Once again thank you and I appreciate your response.
Ahmed

No Title

Mostly yes, time will be enough for you until June 2002. However, as long as your I-485 is under consideration, you will NOT be out of status even after June 2002.

Jigesh

How long did it take?

Jigesh,
If you don\'t mind could you share the following information:
How long did the process of NIW take for you?
How many reference letters did you have to send?
Did you have more than 5 yrs of experience? What field?

Thank you for your time and help.

I know some

PhD students (with an earned MS degree) got approved from VSC, including myself.

You are encouraged to try, especially if where you live is covered by TSC--relatively easier. The good thing is that you need no H visa after you graduate and the bottom line is that it does no harm to you.