Any News from IL SESA - Part 2

NS_IL

Registered Users (C)
Here is a link to the old discussion. The old one became too large to scroll down. Please continue to post updates here.

pulo "Any news from IL SESA?" 12/31/01 10:24am

Still no news of August Approvals?

Anybody at all with any news on August approvals? It is nearly a month since I saw somebody post that SESA is processing August cases. But I still have not seen anybody post anything here. C\'mon guys and gals, keep this thread alive.

No News yet

Filed in August 2001....Still no news of any approval yet. Let u guys know if I get good news....Later!

Case Moved to DOL

My case has been forwarded to DOL. I am a little surprised by the receipt date though. It shows as 11/28/2001. This means that DOL took more than a month to update its status. My filing Date at SESA was August 6th, 2001.

BTW, I checked through the e-mail system.

See you guys in DOL tracker.

IL state Labor

Hi,
my company received notification from IL SESA that the salary my company was giving me was not sufficient and my company agreed to pay the salary required by labor department and sent the information to IL SESA. DOes anyone have the same experience and how much longer will it take for IL SESA to approve the case?

I don\'t understand what you are saying

My date at IL SESA is June 27th \'01. does that mean that my case is gone to DOL chicago. how do i find out if my lawyer is not willing to give the case number as company policy

Gupte

It\'s very possible that your case is with Chicago DOL. You can check your case status by emailing to \'LCSTATUS05@doleta.gov\'

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678
                 - AND / OR -
Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212
                 - AND / OR -
Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

You need to know one of the three things that they mentioned above. Since you don\'t know your case number, you can use either your company\'s tax id# or Employers phone number. If it\'s a big company then you need to know the phone number of the HR person who handles the alien/foreign employees paper work.

You can also check the status by calling DOL at 312-353-1059. Hope it helps and keep us posted of your progress.

Yes, your case....

... should have been forwarded to DOL Chicago by now, unless there was a problem. You can use the format specified by JRChicago to e-mail DOL. I used my company phone number as for some reason I did not get anything back when I used my company\'s tax id.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks guys. i now have a bunch of case #\'s

I did what you guys said and I have 4 case numbers with me. but I don\'t know which one is mine. i will try to get this information from my company clerk but don\'t think they will give it to me.

How else can I know which is my case #

Thanks for all your help guys

Which one?

If I remember correctly, there were some folks here that had sent their case to IL SESA around end of June and the Chicago DOL received it on or around 1st week of November. I am pretty sure your case didn\'t reach DOL before October. Maybe this will eliminate some cases. And also as NS_IL said, look for the DOT code, Description and salary. Salary might be off by a little, but it should be close to what you are making.

Case sent to Chicago DOL

My case has finally moved to DOL

Software Developer (RIR)
PD is: 8/30/01
Date Sent to Chicago DOL: 12/7/01

Good Luck to everyone!

Just bringing it back on top

My lawyer got a "received" notice form SESA, dated 10th Dec. The application was received by them on 8/29.

I am not sure if it has been forward to DOL yet. I have been trying to check its status by the automated phone line & email system and have been unable to find it. I reached someone at DOL two weeks ago and they couldn\'t find my case either. I have been trying to reach them lately but have been unsuccessful. Hopefully, it will show up in the DOL system soon.

Good luck everyone.

Takes Time

My case was sent to Chicago DOL on 12/7/01. My lawyer received letter from SESA that they moved my case to DOL....but when I check their automated System...I can\'t find my application.
I was told that it takes time for Chicago DOL to update its automated System. Usually it takes between 1-2 months.

I don\'t understand what happen with my case - can somebody help?

Here is what I got from the law firm\'s tracking system:

10/10/2001 - RIR:35. Received Acknowledgment Notice from the SESA.
05/21/2001 - RIR:33. Received completed Job Posting Notice from employer.
05/16/2001 - RIR:34. RIR LC filed with SESA-IL

Does this means the case is now with DOL? How come I see people here saying that their cases were filed after mine and they\'re already with DOL or even approved? Does the 10/10 posting above means that the case is now sent from SESA to DOL? They won\'t give me my case number, and I\'d tried Tax ID and phone numbers, couldn\'t find my case so far. BTW: I\'m living in Chicago, IL.

Thank you very much for your help;

You might have been already aproved.

My law firm received the acknowledgement letter on October 22 and my case was also forwarded the same day from IL-SEA to Chic ago-DOL.

SO you case should be at the Chic ago-DOL. It even might have been processed.

You can call the Chic ago-DOL (check in the DOL for the number). Provide you name, employer and they will give you your case number. Use the automated system to get your case status

pulo.

Received Acknowledgement

I just got a copy from HR about my Receipt notice from IL Dept of Employement Security. My case was mailed sometime in the middle of October 2001. The acknowledgement letter dated 1/9/2002 says that my PD is 10/26/2001. From what people have been saying in this board, I assume my case must have been transfered to Chicago DOL by now.