Any new EAD recently?

No Title

RD 1/16/01
ND 2/1/01

Still waiting for EAD/AP. BTW, the AVM for travel document (AP) now says it takes 180 days to process this type of application!!!!!!

No Title

Go to local INS office and get an interim EAD.
It just takes two Hrs.
I do not know whether you can go before 90 days since you applied.
In our case, local INS said they can not issue an interim EAD before
the 90 days since applied.

No Title

Which Local INS office was this. I have applied for my EAD Card on Jan 31 and my receipt Date is 08 Feb. I have not yet got my EAD card. This is my Second EAD Card.

No Title

Guys, its true you can go to the local office and get your EAD/AP after 90 days from your notice date (not receipt date). So may be have to wait a little longer...!

No Title

Well, yea, this is frustrating.
I was in Chicano regional office today. They refused to issue me and wife AD. Motivation:
1. ID 01/22, ND 02/13, so when local Chicano officer called to Nebraska, he was answered that Nebraska received my docs on 02/13 (not 01/22) and the case is pending.
2. If case is pending in Nebraska - they (Chicano) can not issue AD, they can do this only if Nebraska approved it, they are just a printing office, otherwise I should talk to real immigration officer, which is different case and different section of the building.

On the question about temporary (1 month) AD I was answered they don\'t know what it is.

I decided that it is no need to escalate right now, it is better to think about and just wait for a while.

No Title

yes, its true they go by notice date and not the received date. BTW, did you mean EAD or AP - (your posting said AD!). Would they be willing to issue it if its more than 90 days counting from Notice date? OR do you have to just keep waiting?

No Title

Well, yea, this is frustrating.
I was in Chicano regional office today. They refused to issue me and wife AD. Motivation:
1. ID 01/22, ND 02/13, so when local Chicano officer called to Nebraska, he was answered that Nebraska received my docs on 02/13 (not 01/22) and the case is pending.
2. If case is pending in Nebraska - they (Chicano) can not issue AD, they can do this only if Nebraska approved it, they are just a printing office, otherwise I should talk to real immigration officer, which is different case and different section of the building.

On the question about temporary (1 month) AD I was answered they don\'t know what it is.

I decided that it is no need to escalate right now, it is better to think about and just wait for a while.

No Title

Guys,

I went to the local INS office here in Chicago and they did not give me my interim EAD card. The lady said that it is being processed in Nebrask and I will get from there.

My question the 90 days are counted from what date? Notice Date or Receipt Date.

No Title

Hi, freeme,

I mean EAD. By the way I asked them if they issue AP. They told me they don\'t (Chicago, Jackson Avenue.). This is on the left side from Document Reception on the second floor.
So I still don\'t know if you can do that by talking to immigration officer (on the right side). Would appreciate if somebody post the story how she/he got EAD or AP in Chicago. Again, to my opinion left side is just printing office for EAD, so if you don\'t know - you don\'t need to bring photo with you - they have the same printing machine as Secretary of State (driving license, etc.).
For me I decided wait, do not make further attempts