Any new approval with I-140 CP....

SuperStar

Registered Users (C)
Please respond...

still waiting....
ND 15Feb2001...
I-140 CP..

Any news from samUsam, CitySage, best...

Please join this thread all of you...

Approved.:> Filed for AOS/ CP approved I140

Hi SuperStar,
Just heard on AVM that my case has been approved.
ND Nov\'2000, AD Dec\'2001. I140 approved for CP. Filed for AOS. It was a WAIT. (Case assigned to officer about 14 weeks back. Called up INS spoke to IIO coupla times, called up NVC too. But I guess the calls didn\'t help. Heard from the Attorney\'s Office, IIO, other folks here that CP approved i140 filed for AOS shouldn\'t cause any delays. Well, I can\'t seem to agree. Anyways, Nice to hear those words after a WAIT)
Good Luck.
Best Regards,
AA

Congratulations aamiragassis - a quick question

I have filed for AOS but NVC sent my case to consulate - attorney did not notify NVC.

Can I do anything that will prevent a subsequent delay?

Thanks.

on same boat

Congrats, aamiragassis! I have the same question as zambia, what can we do now?

Talk to attorney to send a letter to consulate

I talked to IIO at NVC. He suggested that attorney should send a reply for the packet-3, which they received, stating that "we have filed for I-485 and transfer the case back to VSC". This should help to prevent any kind of delay, as VSC would find the required paper in their office, when they would open the case for approval.

Thanks,
Prem

In addition NVC suggested that..

my attorney write a letter to INS to get my case back from consulate. Believe it is INS who can request the case back from consulate.

No Title

Hello Zambia, gc10, Prem, I Guess it wouldn\'t hurt to keep all the parties (INS, NVC, Consulate, Attorney, Petitioner) on the same page (I140 approved for CP filed for AOS here in US). Hope it\'ll prevent any delays in You Guys hearing the Good word. Give it a Try, Guys!!!.
Good Luck,
AA

zambia

When did you get your I-140 approval notice?

How long does it take to prepare the papers for 485/EAD/AP medical etc?

Thanks

Here are the details and answers to your question..

I-140 was approved late September within 6 weeks.

I-485 papers are a well defined list - look at immihelp.com and the time it takes to prepare the documents depends on individuals and their status - birth and marriage certificates, if you don\'t have the originals, are the painful ones.

Folks normally file I-485 within 10-20 days of their I-140 approval.

Hope this helps and good luck.

zambia

Thanks!

What are the current processing times for 485 recipts, EAD and AP?
what about FP?

Also what is this I read about transfer the case to local INS? Is this scary? Are all cases going to local INS after Sep 11?

Thanks again!

Question for aamiragassi

Can U explain in detail what do U mean to keep INS,NVC,Consulate and petitioner in the same page ?

Thanks
BP

Zambia, any idea on how long it is taking to transfer the case from INS to NVC , from the time of 14

No Title

Hello BP, It is to make them aware of one\'s case (I140 approved for CP filed for AOS here in US). In case if One party is waiting up on response from another, U can initiate the communication process between them. I guess It might not help but it wouldn\'t hurt either so why not give it a try.
Have Faith, Patience. Things will work out Just Fine.
Good Luck,
AA