-----------------------------------
Concurrently filed 10/23/03
140 approved 09/30/04
485 RFE for Birth Certificate 10/27/04
LUD - RFE reply received by USCIS - 11/15/04
01/12/05 Phone enquiry initiated
waiting for approval..

Hi reva

An rfe for birth certificate can you expand on what this means and what they typically want for this kind of rfe

They want proof that we have been born?

Thanks

Typically.

Typically they are looking for the place of birth, date of birth, date of registration and name of parents.

Considering that they have no means to validate the authenticity of the contents of the document people can get away by faking documents therefore people like me who go thru the trouble of communicating with the indian authorities to issue genuine documents feel as if they have been punished for their honesty.

In a recent case, my friend's wife received an rfe to proove that her birth was registered in a timely manner, a simple affidavit stating that the original records were destroyed in a fire, stamped and signed by a guy in some government birth-registrar's office who made my friend's contact in India run around for a week seemed to convince the INS officer that her birth was registered in a timely manner.
Btw, the affidavit was nothing but a plain piece of paper saying that the original records were destroyed and was signed by the guy (whom ofcourse the INS officer does not know ).

So weird, such a waste of time, energy and resources.

Last edited by a moderator: