Any Mumbai drop-box experience, please post here

Siddharth

Registered Users (C)
Any information/experience will be helpful, especially F1->H1
Going to mumbai later this month for visa stamping.

pretty quick they are...

but dont write enough. I asked them for their official list of required documents, told them what I know to be the list of documents and asked if I was missing anything.

The reply I got back was:
You need original I797. Please see the website for more information. The website doesn\'t give the full list. I am going to enclose submit quite a few documents when I go -- reading what others have said about other consulates.

What date are you going anyway? Please post what documents they asked of you as soon as you have submitted your application.

BTW: I saw their website today and they have a new pick-up/drop-off service to pick up and drop off visas. You wont have to go anywhere, they\'ll come to your office or home, the pickup guys that is.

Nice feature (for additional Rs120) but I think I\'ll pass ;)

hi tttt, two questions

1) Are you going to submit original documents besides I-797 like degree certificates? I don\'t know if the drop box in mumbai will take copies of degree certificates - and the VFS guys replying to my e-mails couldn\'t be more vague.

2) One of the documents to carry is the I797 in original. Do we also have to submit the bottom left half which says "Detach this half for personal records"? Also will the consulate return the I797 if the visa stamping is approved?

read on...

1) I plan to carry all copies and originals . FOr the degree certs and transcripts I have attorney certified copies so I will submit those unless they really ask for the originals.

2) My lawyer said to submit the FULL I-797 approval notice ( DO NOT tear off the I-94 and do not TEAR off the personal record stub ).
Now I have a problem there since my white I-94 was taken off by the INS while coming back from canada so I plan to submit a copy of that and a I-94 from my previous employers I-797 approval notice..while going out of the USA.

hi tttt

OK, anyway, my attorney told me that the I-94 with the new I-797 should be submitted when leaving the country. So I\'ll do that. (Anyway, I\'ve torn of the new I94 now, so too late for me...)

FYI, I got a little more information out of VFS this time around:
----
While applying through drop box, one does not reuire any degree certificates. Pls read the procedure carefully on www.visa-services.com
Regards,
VFS team
----
Hello!
Usually all originals are returned by courier along with passport.
Regards,
VFS team
----

I\'m going to submit copies too, my ed. credentials are attorney certified. I\'m not gong to risk giving originals unless they demand that I enclose them (sounds unlikely from their mail above). I contacted the university from where I graduated and they told me they don\'t give out originals, so what I\'ve got is all I\'m going to get from them.

Anyway good luck to you. Hope you get your H1 and H4 done and hopefully, we\'ll be able to share our exp. a couple of weeks from now.

BTW, which dropbox center are you using? Have you finalised which dates? (We might just bump into each other)

-Siddharth

we have to do h1-H1 for me and h4-h1 for my wife...

we plan to use the andheri center on the 13th. I should be able to use the drop box but my wife will need to come back for her appointment at the consulate some time later that same week.
so it is good news that they dont require the original degree certs.
thanks for the info provided.