Any MD applied for A.O.S after 3 year??

faheem

I was wandering , is there any other J-1 physician out there who have applied for adjustment of status after completing 3 years on H-1 B . I have applied recently i.e. in March 2001 have not got receipt you. Can I move to an other job after 180 days ( as non physician who have applied for A.O.S,Can)of applying for A.O.S.

No Title

I guess this is the correct forum for I-485 .
Just a quick quetsion:
for the I-485 stage, did u submit the original date of birth certificate or the copy of it :
actually I submitted the original one and my friends say, its the xerox. Now I my case has been transferred to Baltimore INS office
and I am wondering if they ask me Original, I do not have.
Thanks very much.

No Title

I applied for I-485 last year(ND 9/15/00) to TSC. My NIW is self sponsored and was approved back in 97. I opened my own practice on EAD. I am still in the same place, just not an employer\'s slave. My lawyer suggested that I stay in the same location to avoid jurisdiction problems among service centers and district offices.

No Title

Glad to hear from another person in the same boat. My question is it OK to move out from the county from where you got your waiver, I mean go to another place which is still undeserved. Or you can start your clinic anywhere whether it is an undeserved area or not?.

No Title

You must have one job/clinic at an underserved area preferably in the jurisdiction of your current INS service center. It does not have to be the same county or state. (My lawyer said that if I go out of my current INS service center jurisdiction it would cause problems.) You may have as many other jobs as you want, anywhere you want. As I understand it it is the terms of the NIW that requires us to continue working in an "underserved area". So we have to maintain a qualifying job BUT the EAD has no restrictions so you may have more than 1 job. The second job can be anywhere you want it to be. Are you still with your old employer?

No Title

No, I had to changed my employer and the county after one year being on H1B visa. My previous employer closed the clinic, so I got another job 40 miles away in a different county which is also underserved. Now I am with the second employer for the past 2& 1/2 years. I just applied mu A.O.S in March,2001 at TSC. Still waiting for EAD and finger prints.

No Title

If you don\'t get EAD 90 days after RD you may go to local INS district office and get interim EAD. I am also with TSC. VSC is processing 8/00 cases whereas TSC is processing 7/99.

No Title

Hello Sir,
Have you got your green card. Just wondering. I also applied at Texas service center in March 2001 . Have not received F.P notice yet.
Thanks

Hope you can help me...!

Hello!
I am a former J-1, now working in underserved area on H-1B. My 3-yr requirement will finish in Dec 2002. I have a self-petitioned NIW approved in Dec 1998. Do I have to wait until Dec2002 before applying for I485? Since my current employer has no relation to my NIW can I move to a new job or a new state once my 3 yr requirement is done? Which service center should I apply my I485. My NIW was approved from VSC but I am currently working under NSC..? Thank you for your advice.
AK

No Title

Yes you can apply for 1-485 now (according to new law) before Dec2002.
I am not sure about changing the service center. Hope it will be some help to you.

Thanks Pandoo,

Hello Pandoo, Thank you for your reply. Were you in similar situation? What about EAD? Will I be able to obtain EAD now as well?
Thanks again for your help.
AK