Any May filers around?

Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it all went.:)

I passed my Written Test (even though it was in a computer).

30 questions 60 minutes... you need 24 right answers.

I got 28 right answers in 5 minutes :p :D! I passed.

I am waiting for my friend to get off work so I can take the Road test, they would not take my "foreign" license so I need someone with an state license. I will report back in about 2 hours! :D

Great, P! I hope you kick a** at the road test.

I also want to take the driving exam. For some reason, this is one thing i always put on hold. I used to say I do not need to drive. Now I realize I need to get my license ASAP.
Has anyone taken the test in Florida? I just moved here and someone told me the test was trial and error lol on the computer, which is hard to believe.

Luci_merlion, thank you for your support. I have a short question for you if you don't mind. I believe you applied to enter graduate school during your AOS, so did you apply using a F-1 visa or there is a special category for those in AOS?

I am asking because I will be applying very soon (this November) and if the name check is still pending at that point, I would want to know what to do exactly. I imagine that I can always inform the school once I get my status as a PR.

Yes, you are right. The stipend in most reputable schools is decent and sometimes more than a technician's (with a BS) salary. Since I already have a MS and it's been almost a year away from school since graduating, it's time to go back :)

Thank you again.

When I applied, last December, I applied as international student. The school sent me a conditional acceptance and requeted financial documents in order to have issued a new I-20. In the meantime, my AOS was already pending and I enrolled with the I-485 receipt. In your case, I am not sure how you will apply, but technically you are approved as resident, and it makes sense to apply as resident. I would check with the school.

here are my interview details.
Left the house at like 5 am and got there at like 7 am for our interview at 8 am. we were let in the office at like 7 50 and theofficer called us at 8.
IO was really nice. he started off by going the I485 and I130 making sure everything was spelled correctly on my application form and making sure we filled it out correctly. He then asked most of the "NO" questions (well he claimed that he made his own summaries of those questions).

then he went to the 864 and asked my husband if anything on there was correct and told my husband it looks like you make enough money to support this women or we would have to send her back. Then my husband goes there is an income requirement? :eek: i think he made us comfortable enough for my husband to think he can volunteer any info or ask anything. Anyway he explains the income requirments.

After that he made copies of our IDs. came back crossed out my last visa and wrote CWOP on there :confused:
At some point he was talking about what my husband needed to do with our backyard since we cant grow grass and on our way out he was talking about where my husband should take me for breakfast. he made a lot of jokes referring to who wears the pants in our couple cuz my husband is really laid back
he went ahead and explained that he would review our application in the afternoon and make a decision then. if approved will get GC in about 3 weeks and if i get nothing today online i should expect something in the mail, he then explained how to get the condition removed on the GC and said if you send your I751 one day early they will take the money and return the application. I have a house that i bought before meeting my husband and he said it would be a good idea to put him on the deed. He also recommended to keep the same bank account because they will go back and keep track of that and if the bank is changed it might raise some red flags.

I was a little disappointed about not getting a decision at the end of the interview. Well we went to the beach right after the interview and i wasnt in a good mood lol and my husband didnt like that but we got home a couple at like 3 and i saw a card production email sent at about 10 am :rolleyes: so i guess i was approved

well we were in and out in about 50 mins.After all i guess it wasnt so bad and i was worrying for nothing. good luck to every one else

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Congrats, It seems like your Officer was phishing for something but it's good that you had all of the proof with you Leases, Bank Statemnts and photos. Our officer did not ask us about anything exect the name and last entry to the US.

Anyway BIG Congrats.... :)[
QUOTE=Tairaesias;1780216]Thanks, Praetorian. Your posts in particular have been especially helpful, and I'm sure many others on this forum feel as grateful to you as me. Here I am celebrating my 20th post and you're way up in the thousands!

I hope we'll be able to continue using this board or some other one in the future as we go through the next stages of the citizenship process.

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment
06/25/2007: received interview letter
09/12/2007: interview appointment; green card approved and name-check cleared[/QUOTE]

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats.... :):):)

here are my interview details.
Left the house at like 5 am and got there at like 7 am for our interview at 8 am. we were let in the office at like 7 50 and theofficer called us at 8.
IO was really nice. he started off by going the I485 and I130 making sure everything was spelled correctly on my application form and making sure we filled it out correctly. He then asked most of the "NO" questions (well he claimed that he made his own summaries of those questions).

then he went to the 864 and asked my husband if anything on there was correct and told my husband it looks like you make enough money to support this women or we would have to send her back. Then my husband goes there is an income requirement? :eek: i think he made us comfortable enough for my husband to think he can volunteer any info or ask anything. Anyway he explains the income requirments.

After that he made copies of our IDs. came back crossed out my last visa and wrote CWOP on there :confused:
At some point he was talking about what my husband needed to do with our backyard since we cant grow grass and on our way out he was talking about where my husband should take me for breakfast. he made a lot of jokes referring to who wears the pants in our couple cuz my husband is really laid back
he went ahead and explained that he would review our application in the afternoon and make a decision then. if approved will get GC in about 3 weeks and if i get nothing today online i should expect something in the mail, he then explained how to get the condition removed on the GC and said if you send your I751 one day early they will take the money and return the application. I have a house that i bought before meeting my husband and he said it would be a good idea to put him on the deed. He also recommended to keep the same bank account because they will go back and keep track of that and if the bank is changed it might raise some red flags.

I was a little disappointed about not getting a decision at the end of the interview. Well we went to the beach right after the interview and i wasnt in a good mood lol and my husband didnt like that but we got home a couple at like 3 and i saw a card production email sent at about 10 am :rolleyes: so i guess i was approved

well we were in and out in about 50 mins.After all i guess it wasnt so bad and i was worrying for nothing. good luck to every one else

dee2006,
Congratulations. I have my interview scheduled at same DO on 10/03. Do you have any suggestions for me.

Enjoy your 485 approval..

How many of you who are approved have gotten your GC in the mail WITHOUT getting the update and/or email? Just curious, since my status is still showing "in process"....

dee2006 big congratulations! :D

CWOP = Cancelled WithOut Prejudice.

Which means you didn't "do something bad". It just means you do not need it anymore ;)

Great... It was raining... out of all days, and during the worst drought in Alabama, it had to rain today... So no road test for me yet... but I will try again tomorrow ;)

Hi Praetorian!

Good job with your written test, you see, here in Texas you needed only 21 out of 30 questions to pass, and there was no time limit, it also took me about 5 min :)

Hopefully, tomorrow it's gonna be sunny and you will be able to take your road test. Good luck!

So I guess I am next in line :eek:

Yesterday we put all our docs in a folder, we just need to buy car insurance in both our names ( I know it's late but our excuse is that just yesterday I got my Driver's License), print some of our first emails, and some flight reservations from the trips we took together (we lost some of our boarding passes, who would keep them?), and when it's all done, we need to copy all of this. And we are all set. Hopefully our IO will be nice and won't cause problems.

Thank you for your words of consolation and congratulations on your approval :)

On hindsight, we should have gotten a lease from my landlady with my husband's name added and said he's in the process of finding a job in DE. It would have made life so much easier. But you know how they say not to provide untruthful information during the interview; so we just stated the plain facts saying that I am moving there which is the whole truth. Yes, we had a lot of evidences since we have been dating since 2000. Both the insurances and pension plan benefits, travel stubs to visit him etc. The officer did not for ask all of them and said," That's enough." as we started taking out photocopies to give her.

It's done now and we are grateful to God for getting our I-130 approved and name-check will take it's due course. I'm in the midst of applying for jobs in NJ, since grad school only begins in Sept. next year. I have the firm faith that the Lord will guide us through; no worries. No trouble is greater than Him... :)

Sorry to hear about the name check :(...I am still waiting to recieve my I-130 approval :(

Neha