Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Approved
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Approved
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Aproved
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Approved name check pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Approved
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Approved
franticsky------------ May 23 ------Aug 22 ---------- Approved name check pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 ----------- Approved
rukna --------------- May 04 -------- Aug 23 --------- Approved name check pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 ----------- Approved name check pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending further evidence
ndp125 --------------- May 16 ------ Aug 28 --------- Approved name check pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Approved
Tommy_Chicago ----- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Approved
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Approved
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 ---------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 ---------- Pending

dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 ---------- Pending
MagdaJ -------------- Jun 01 ------ Sep 17 ---------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 ---------- Pending
bigtom ---------------- May 16 ----- Sep 25 ---------- Pending
austriacus ----------- May 21 ----- Sep 26 ---------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ----------- Pending

Congratulations, Luci_merlion :) I'm so happy for you.

Looks like it'll be Tairaesias' and my turn this Wednesday. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. Thanks,guys. All the best to us.

Thanks to the people who congratulated me.

K.ambrose, sorry, I forgot to mention something. He did ask for "things that you have both names on." We gave him a letter from the new landlord in which he is stating that he received X amount of money for rent and deposit, move in date etc. pretty much like a lease, but less formal.
Also, hubby applied for a license in this new city that will allow him to work, and he gave him the receipt showing that he applied for said license. This receipt shows the same address as the one in the letter given by the landlord. So, yeah, joint documents are important, I just forgot to write about it. Good-luck again to you and the other person who is next on Wednesday.

Hi all,

an update on my case. I sent the letter to the IO last week. Today I see today's date as last updated date, but the message (status) hasn't changed. Hopefulle they are working on it though.

Once Again BIG CONGRATS....

So, yeah, now that I got over the technical problems, here's how my interview went:
(I wrote more in the other message, but since it did not go through, I'll just post the main things).

Hubby and I arrived to the Immigration office half an hour before the scheduled interview time. We passed the security check, first me, and then him. We went inside, and, as advised by our lawyer, we did NOT turn in the interview notice. The lawyer came in and we talked about the latest developments on the case, particularly as we recently moved in a different state. Hubby looked for work in this new city, but is waiting for a license before he can start working in this new city, and decided to stay in Philly for the time being and work. We had evidence of him having applied for this license, a letter from the new landlord with both names on it (we did not have an actual lease, as the landlord said we are free to stay as long as we want without any strings attached/lease term). Lawyer turned in the appointment letter just before the actual appointment time, and we were called in 2 minutes after that.
We set down, and the office sworn us in. He then proceeded to go through the forms and verify hubby's name, date of birth etc. The lawyer then told the officer about address change and he said he may not be able to process the case as a new jurisdiction may now need to be involved. Say what, I told to myself??!! My lawyer then told him that the policy is for interview to take place where the case was filed, and politely suggested to run that through his superviser, if needed. He said the computer may not let him put the new address in/process my case. He put this issue on hold for a moment, and went on to ask me when we got married and if we had any marriage pictures. I showed him a bunch, and there were a few that caught his attention (e.g. picture of hubby, myself, and the statue of Rockie lol in Center City Philadelphia, both dressed up in wedding clothes; picture of a plate with crabs-I told him we went to a Malay restaurant after the wedding and that's what we ate. I threw that picture in there just with the crabs, and another one with our wedding cake :)), then he also made a comment about a picture with hubby's family in front of a restaurant named after my country...for a minute he actually thought we visited my country together :) )
We then talked about my acceptance into a PhD program in this new city and he asked me what I studied there. I told him, and he gave his opinion on the subject matter...I agreed with him, after all he was quite right in his assessment. He asked my husband about his educational background and how he got to be a citizen (he was born elsewhere). He also asked him when he will be join me full time in this new city, and hubby told him that it will be in 2 weeks.
The officer went to make some copies. He then said he did not want to let us go until he finished everything with the case. we told him we were happy to wait. He stampped the file and updated my address in the system...finally, the computer worked!!!
All in all, this has been quite an experience. The outcome of the interview was earned, so to speak. It could have gone either way. (At the beginning I was nervous..He checked my hubby's passport and it does not have some security chip, he shook his head because of this...oh well, it is not our fault).
Some lessons learned: be confident, make eye contact with the officer, don't give away more details than asked, hire a lawyer if you think you need it (you will know when you need it). Personally, when I came to U.S. the first time I had my passport stamped "subject to 212e" by mistake, and I was afraid this issue may came up, but like I said, it was a mistake, and my prior visas did not even come into discussion. I have never overstayed. I believe that this, as well as the fact that I am now in graduate school weighted a lot in his decision. My lawyer had to ask for the outcome of the interview (officer stamped the file and updated status in the system, but did not verbally told us we were approved) and he said I should get my card in 2 weeks or so. Just now I got an e-mail that card production was ordered.

Thank you for reading my story, and good-luck to everyone for your interview!

P.S. K.ambrose, thanks for your support. I am very happy my interview went well. Please be sure to be there on time/earlier, if possible. My officer thanked us for being on time, and I think this also had a possitive impact on the final decision. Good-luck, and keep us updated of how things go on Wednesday.

Thanks for the wishes everyone, and good luck to you too K. I spent part of today photocopying all of our materials. Hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow -- I'll provide a run-down after the event.

My main worry is that I'll have a pending name-check. I haven't had any LUDs on my I-485 since June 6. Is that a bad sign?

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment
06/25/2007: received interview letter
09/12/2007: interview appointment

Hello my fellow May filers!!

I haven't checked our forum for 2-3 days and now I see some good news posts! Congrats to Luci on your approval, congrats to Tommy on your welcome letter, to alsteg on your card.

Good luck to k.ambrose and Tairaesias on your interviews tomorrow!

I passed my written test for my DL yesterday and tomorrow I am going for my driving test. My EAD was enough to apply for the DL, so hopefully I will have my DL already for the interview in 6 days - another proof of address.

Have a great trip to Poland, Tommy!

I got and update from USCIS today....

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 11, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks.

Tommy/

I still need my State DL. :) Thank you, congrats on passing the test... was it hard? I will take mine Thursday.

Hey the test was easy, but I had to study the driver's handbook. There were 30 questions, and if you're studying your state's handbook, don't ignore the questions about the fines and penalties for DWI and Minors, I had like 3 questions about it (maybe there would be more but my test was over after 21 questions because I answered all of them correctly, and you needed 70% to pass), and tomorrow I am planning to do the driving.
Good luck on yours!

Hi guys,
Just got back from the interview in Philly. I was approved with name check pending :( Oh well...

We were there by 8 am for our 8:30 am interview. The guards checked our IDs and appt. letter. The guards were very pleasant and friendly.
Went to the 3rd floor and handed the appt. letter to the receptionist, another polite and helpful lady.
About 8:35am, a female officer called my last name and we followed her to her office.
Went into her room and took the oath.
First thing she asked was to see my passport.
She asked to give her all photocopies of supporting evidences and I gave health insurance policies, life insurance, pension plan and joint bank account statements. She asked whose insurance and I said mine, provided by my employer, and asked when did I add my husband to the policy. I said in May, after we got married.

She asked for deed account or lease and I said we do not have those since we live in diff. places. It seemed to me like she did not go through our files as that caught her by surprise and started asking a list of questions pertaining our separate locations. Asked my husband where does he live and why he lives there. What are our plans in the future? We tried our best to convince her that I have definite plans to move to NJ to live with him and my acceptance into the university is almost sure.

She then asked how often do we see each other. I said every other week and provided her my travel ticket stubs and said my husband drives, so no evidence for that other than high mileage. She seemed not satisfied with us living apart and said at one point that she does not see why my husband lives in NJ, then he explained that he lives for free in his uncle's house since his uncle's family left the country recently because of job comittments and he looks after their place.

At the end of it, she said,"OK, I am approving your I-130 but cannot approve the I-485 because of name check." At that point, I was crest-fallen and ventured to ask if she knew how long it will take and she said that she doesn't know as it's not in their control. She took my I-94 and thanked us and wished us a good day.

Overall, not the best interview experience because she was very particular about the fact we live apart and even mentioned that she doesn't see why my husband still lives in NJ when I am in DE. Then she also seemed worried about me making the bulk of the money we put in the I-864 and said we will need a co-sponsor later because a Ph.D. stipend will not be enough, but we are OK for now. She did not see any photos. She asked how long did my husband live outside the US and how did he become a citizen in this country since he grew up in a different country.

I now wait to clear my name-check. I have my EAD with me, so life goes on with my current job and will apply at the end of this year under F-1 (the visa that I entered this country) to enroll in a doctoral program in NJ. I also have my Advance Parole, so that will suffice for overseas travel up until August next year. Hopefully, FBI will clear my name-check in a year.

Hope this helps someone; the USCIS is very particular about living together and finances. Thanks a lot for all your prayers, kindness, good wishes and thoughts. I suspect being from Malaysia might play a role in my pending name check since I do not have a common name.

Just checked my USCIS online status, I-130 and I-485 has LUDs today without any change in messages.