Any May filers around?

Hi Guys... I've checked the website and this is the info I got, look at this...

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Tommy........

Does anyone know how to go about the Affidavit of personal knowledge from relatives and friends. We are trying to get them ready for the interview.
A help on that will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Guys... I've checked the website and this is the info I got, look at this...

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

Congrats Tommy, your office is on the ball! Now I'm going to crawl in to my corner and sulk again....still nothing for me...:(

Hey Ktrueson,
You seem to be the first Tennessean on this forum to have had the interview. Congrats on your approval.
I guess i'm the next Tennessean to the battle field. Any special advice....

Interview documents

Hi guys,

As you may already know, our interview is next Wednesday morning. We are getting everything ready and would appreciate extra pair of eyes going over this list. Any suggestions and feedback are truly appreciated.

1) Complete copy of I-130, I-484, I-765 and I-131 application package.

2) Current EAD card (through AOS) + 2 copies.

3) F-1 OPT EAD card (expired) + 2 copies.

4) Original foreign birth certificate + Notarized translated BC + 2 copies each.

5) Spouse's USC birth certificate + 2 copies.

6) Spouse's driver's licence + 2 copies.

7) Spouse's social security card + 2 copies.

8) My passport, I-94 + copies of each + bio page + visa page

9) IRS transcripts for 2004, 2005 and 2006 for me (I did not send this at the time of application, but requested just in case.)

10) Spouse's paystub for the past 2 months + 2 copies each. (Spouse makes less than the amount to file taxes, therefore no IRS transcripts).

11) My paystub for the past 2 months + 2 copies each.

12) Letter(s) from our employers stating nature of employments etc. (send along in the application.)

Supporting evidence for a bona-fide marriage:

1) Marriage cert.

2) Last 2 month's joint checking account bank statements.

3) 35-45 pictures taken between 2000 to 2007.

4) Flight boarding pass of spouse when he visited me in my country in 2003.

5) Joint health insurance from the state (my employer) for me and spouse confirmation statement.

6) Health insurance cards.

7) Debit check cards for our joint checking account.

8) Spouse as 50% beneficiary of my life insurance. (My father is the other beneficiary).

9) Spouse as 100% beneficiary of my pension plan in case I kick the bucket.

10) Envelopes of letters and cards sent between us from 2000 - 2004 showing dates (when we were in different countries).

11) Amtrak travel ticket stubs for all my travels to visit my spouse in New Jersey this year since I am in DE for the time being. (He drives here, so we don't have any evidence to show that,though).

12) Shared cell phone account. (No other utilities since we live in diff. places at the moment, I'm definitely moving to NJ early next year).

13) Affidavit of support from his maternal cousin testifying on the validity of our marriage.

14) Email correspondence to potential graduate advisors in an university in New Jersey for my fall 2008 enrollment.

What do you think?

Hey Ktrueson,
You seem to be the first Tennessean on this forum to have had the interview. Congrats on your approval.
I guess i'm the next Tennessean to the battle field. Any special advice....

Well, all I have to say is if you get DAO J. Fox and he gives you an approval letter....Don't believe him! I got an approval notice in my hand after the interview and according to the online system and the 1-800-number, my case is still pending. I just sent him a letter yesterday to see what's going on. Anyways, it's not that bad. Don't bring cellphones, answer all questions honestly, don't sweat it... :) You'll be fine. We only got a few questions, nothing tricky or anything. The waiting room is big and it's not busy, so there's plenty of room, no need to be super early. Good luck and I hope they are not as slow with your file as they are with mine! :)

Well, all I have to say is if you get DAO J. Fox and he gives you an approval letter....Don't believe him! I got an approval notice in my hand after the interview and according to the online system and the 1-800-number, my case is still pending. I just sent him a letter yesterday to see what's going on. Anyways, it's not that bad. Don't bring cellphones, answer all questions honestly, don't sweat it... :) You'll be fine. We only got a few questions, nothing tricky or anything. The waiting room is big and it's not busy, so there's plenty of room, no need to be super early. Good luck and I hope they are not as slow with your file as they are with mine! :)

ktrueson don't rely on the uscis customer service go make an infopass and talk to an immigration officer. that's the best way to go.

ktrueson don't rely on the uscis customer service go make an infopass and talk to an immigration officer. that's the best way to go.

I know the infopass is the way to go, but the office is a 6-hour drive from where I live. It wouldn't be possible for me to go...

You golden with all of your docs -- just remember "silence is golden"'

1. Don't ask Questions
2. Answer only in Simple logic "YES" "No"
3. Don't give out information that you are not asked for.
4. Let him ask all of the questions.

relax and enjoy the show...

you may look at my interview experiance and see you it is of some use to you.

Good Luck. :)

Hi guys,

As you may already know, our interview is next Wednesday morning. We are getting everything ready and would appreciate extra pair of eyes going over this list. Any suggestions and feedback are truly appreciated.

4) Original foreign birth certificate + Notarized translated BC + 2 copies each.

9) IRS transcripts for 2004, 2005 and 2006 for me (I did not send this at the time of application, but requested just in case.)

10) Spouse's paystub for the past 2 months + 2 copies each. (Spouse makes less than the amount to file taxes, therefore no IRS transcripts).

12) Letter(s) from our employers stating nature of employments etc. (send along in the application.)

1) Marriage cert.

5) Joint health insurance from the state (my employer) for me and spouse confirmation statement.

8) Spouse as 50% beneficiary of my life insurance. (My father is the other beneficiary).

10) Envelopes of letters and cards sent between us from 2000 - 2004 showing dates (when we were in different countries).

11) Amtrak travel ticket stubs for all my travels to visit my spouse in New Jersey this year since I am in DE for the time being. (He drives here, so we don't have any evidence to show that,though).

12) Shared cell phone account. (No other utilities since we live in diff. places at the moment, I'm definitely moving to NJ early next year).

13) Affidavit of support from his maternal cousin testifying on the validity of our marriage.

14) Email correspondence to potential graduate advisors in an university in New Jersey for my fall 2008 enrollment.

What do you think?

Hi guys,

1) Marriage cert.

What do you think?

Hey k.ambrose!
Your list of docs looks great to me!! My interview is a few days after yours, but we don't have that many documents. As far as the bona-fide marriage documents, the only insurance we are going to have is for the car, and bank statements, of course marriage certificate, affidavits from family and friends, photos, mail and email correspondence between each other, some mail that comes to me and that comes to my husband with the same address, boarding passes from his trip to my country and from the trips we took together. No utility bills because I moved in with him and he already had everything in his name. Do you think it is going to be enough?

Congratulations, Tommy!
K.ambrose, while I do not post very much (I just started school, and I am very busy), I will for sure log in after the interview to let you and everyone else how it goes.
I had a dream this morning that I went to the interview and forgot the evidence home :( I am kind of nervous, but I am hoping things will go well. And as far as the dream, it's just a dream.
Tomorrow, I will review all the evidence and make sure things are in order, and go from there.
Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me.

SSA is coming..... Nice.... :D

It looks like there are only we left that are still waiting for their interview. Once eveyone gets approved we should go out and celebrate. How about in Chicago.... ???
heheh

UPDATE ON MY CASE/LIFE:

I got a letter from the SSA today, giving me a receipt for my SSC, which should be coming to me in 2 weeks! :D

Alright's here's an update on my case, about three weeks before our interview.

I've received my EAD card in the mail last Saturday but choose to remain on H-1B instead.

My wife and I discussed what we'll do about pictures. Initially, we were going to have a photo album of our wedding, one of reception + honeymoon, one of our 2005 trip to Austria, and one of our recent trip to Austria. Then we realized we'd have to bring a suitcase to lug around these albums alone, and perhaps the IO is not interested in hundreds of pictures showing one of us do something funny in front of some Austrian castles etc. (usually one of us is the photographer so there are not many pictures of us together)

... so we switched strategies and decided to condense everything into one album just having pictures that support our proof of bona-fide marriage, i.e. pictures showing both of us together in different settings and different periods of our relationship.

We don't have so much proof of combined insurance or beneficiary to show as some of you, but we can show lots of combined financial stuff instead ... joint bank accounts at various banks, joint CDs from various banks, joint Treasury and savings bonds, credit cards with each other as authorized users ... anyone think that showing a lot of this helps? Or should we only show a few accounts?

Also, we have our apartment lease that we can show we've had together for about six years, but is it a problem to show our lease in light of the fact that my wife has been living in another city for four years now?

Another exhibit I'd like to bring would be the framed collage of pictures we had on display at our wedding reception, with some of our nicest pictures together over the years - including the first ever photo taken of my wife (then girlfriend) and I together in the year 2000!

Finally, how do you guys and gals carry your documents to the USCIS?

Last edited by a moderator:
SSA is coming..... Nice.... :D

It looks like there are only we left that are still waiting for their interview. Once eveyone gets approved we should go out and celebrate. How about in Chicago.... ???
heheh

Hmmm, no, not Chicago, how about in the house of the first May filer to have his interview? in Hawaii :D!

Big congrats Tommy..........do you know the name of your IO?

I know this is a silly question.....but are you allowed to take water bottle inside?.......or at least get one inside?