Any May filers around?

Still havent gotten FP notice. How long should I wait until going for infopass ?

DO: San Jose
5/3 : Filed i-485, i-864ez, i-693, i-130 (USPS)
5/6: Pkg recvd in Chicago
5/10: Notice Date (I-130 & I-485)
5/11: Cheques encashed
5/14:Rcvd I-485/i-130 Receipt Notice

When was the last LUD on your case?

Does anyone know how the new rules/quota effect the process of us applying for our parents (I-130 and I-485)? a lawyer i know is advicing us to use a lawyer to apply for parents AOS. He said that they might fall in the new quota rules and it might get hard for them to receive a GC. I don't understand how us doing now - or a lawyer doing it for us - make a difference? But regardless - does anyone know how the new rules will effect parents AOS???

Please advice,
Thanks,
SOnu

Does anyone know how the new rules/quota effect the process of us applying for our parents (I-130 and I-485)? a lawyer i know is advicing us to use a lawyer to apply for parents AOS. He said that they might fall in the new quota rules and it might get hard for them to receive a GC. I don't understand how us doing now - or a lawyer doing it for us - make a difference? But regardless - does anyone know how the new rules will effect parents AOS???

Please advice,
Thanks,
SOnu

What does this have to do with this thread?

Start your own, and it will be easier to get an asnwer :cool:

ADOM,

5/6: Pkg recvd in Chicago DAY 1
5/14:Rcvd I-485 Receipt Notice, Rcvd I-130 Receipt Notice
5/17: I-485 LUD DAY 12
5/23: I-130 LUD DAY 18

Last edited by a moderator:
ADOM,

5/6: Pkg recvd in Chicago DAY 1
5/14:Rcvd I-485 Receipt Notice, Rcvd I-130 Receipt Notice
5/17: I-485 LUD DAY 12
5/23: I-130 LUD DAY 18

With this timeline, I think you should have received your FP notice by now. Anyway, let us give it a few more days.

Just an update. Had my biometrics done yesterday -- appointment was scheduled for 11am. I arrived at 10:50 and was out by 11:05. So efficient and hassle-free.

I also got a dreaded RFE last week -- mine was pink -- requesting a complete I-693 supplement form. This is the form that details your vaccination record. I couldn't understand why they were asking for this, because I thought it was included with the I-693 from the civil surgeon. But on looking at my copy, I realized that the vaccination form they used was an older version with a different header. So I went back, they filled out the new version, and mailed it off. (I also like to think I performed a little public service, since they'll now be using the new version with all their patients.)

For those of you who still have to get your medical evaluation, my advice is is to double-check that the forms your clinic uses are all up to date. Lots of these places have been performing these sorts of evaluations for years before the INS became the USCIS and aren't able to keep track of all the new regulations/forms that have come into effect.

Looks like we now have a full team of May filers. May the force be with us.

UK citizen on F-1 visa, married to US citizen

I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693 concurrently filed
04/30/2007: package mailed via USPS
05/01/2007: received date
05/07/2007: notice date
05/08/2007: checks cashed
05/24/2007: RFE for I-693 supplement
05/30/2007: RFE mailed with updated I-693 supplement
05/31/2007: biometrics appointment

I had filed together for both myself and my daughter but when i checked yesterday,all forms were 'touched' except one I-485.Wonder what 's happening.Will keep posted.

Rescheduling FP

I have requested rescheduling of FP, hopefully this should not create any issues. Has anyone tried rescheduling?

When I had applied for Citizenship, the fingerprint could be done on any Wednesday, I was surprised that it was no longer an option.

We were unable to pass the $10 flight fare on skybus to Seattle

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first time when I try to post into the filers post.

I mailed the papers on 5/15
Received noticed that they got my package on 5/21
Biometrics appointment received on 5/25
Actual FP on 6/8

DO: Philadelphia

What happens after Biometrics?
How long does it take from the FP appointment to the actual interview? I did not apply for work permit or AP.
Thank you!

After biometrics you will receive an RFE (request for evidence) if you forgot to send something...

Then you wait for a notice of action giving you an Interview Date... sometime in the next 2-4 months... depends on your District Office so it is unpredictable. Welcome to the thread :)

Please help, I'm worried :(

Hi guys,
I sent out my AOS package consisting of the I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 plus the medical sealed envelope on Thursday, 24th May morning. I went to the UPS store which also does USPS mailing and got it mailed via USPS Priority Mail, Certified and with a return receipt.

Since Monday 28th was Memorial day, I am thinking that it would have been delivered on Tuesday. But I still haven't gotten the return receipt of the mail. It has been 4 days since Tuesday (29th, although 28th was the date the clerk told me it would be delivered). I sent it to the USPS address, the Chicago lock box. I'm a little worried as I see other people are getting a return receipt much sooner.

My checks haven't been cashed yet and I'm planning on calling the UPS store on Monday morning to ask was my parcel shipped out etc.
Anyone with similar experience, please share. I'm just worried.
Thanks a lot.

My dateline:
24 May 2007 - Mailed entire AoS package via USPS Priority Mail, Certified & Return Receipt

Hi guys,
I sent out my AOS package consisting of the I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 plus the medical sealed envelope on Thursday, 24th May morning. I went to the UPS store which also does USPS mailing and got it mailed via USPS Priority Mail, Certified and with a return receipt.

Since Monday 28th was Memorial day, I am thinking that it would have been delivered on Tuesday. But I still haven't gotten the return receipt of the mail. It has been 4 days since Tuesday (29th, although 28th was the date the clerk told me it would be delivered). I sent it to the USPS address, the Chicago lock box. I'm a little worried as I see other people are getting a return receipt much sooner.

My checks haven't been cashed yet and I'm planning on calling the UPS store on Monday morning to ask was my parcel shipped out etc.
Anyone with similar experience, please share. I'm just worried.
Thanks a lot.

My dateline:
24 May 2007 - Mailed entire AoS package via USPS Priority Mail, Certified & Return Receipt

It takes 10-14 days to get your receipts from USCIS.