Any May filers around?

I will continue posting on this website until I become a US Citizen ;)...

Probably not as often, since I will have a job! :cool: but do not worry, you won't be alone, and you will have the july/august/september filers to keep you company too ;)

Yup, I sent my paperwork on May 10th....

...by the way....MY PASSPORT IS STAMPED!!! :D :D :D I will get my greencard in a few weeks. The interview was like a second long, the interviewer didn't look at any of the stuff we brought for him, just verified some information in the forms we submitted, and THAT WAS IT! :D

Ah, and timeline? My DO is Chicago, IL. I got receipt letters May 16, and the biometrics came May 18...then the interview letter came about a week or two after that. I went for biometrics on June 6th...and went to the interview today.

Congrats Mishumishu.

Roshlimbo dont worry, we will be there to support you :):D

Good to know you know you guys will be around. For everyone, it will be good to learn from your experience so please post how your interviews go.

Congrats Mishu, had you received (or even filed) for AP and EAD? did they take them from you? care to elaborate a tiny bit more about your experience?

You are the 1st May Filer approved! :D congratulations again.
Sorry, I am a bit unfamiliar with the lingo, what's AP or EAD? I filed my original submission and that was it, nothing more after that.

My mother had filed about 1 1/2 years for me (unmarried over 21) and that was still awaiting a visa number at the time I filed through my husband...so we're thinking that perhaps that's why things were a bit faster, since I was in the system already? Whatever it was, I'm just so glad it's all over :D

PS: I wish you all luck, and that your interviews are just as smooth!

Hi, I have a question. If you don't get your EAD before your interview, and you clear the interview but the name check is pending, So do they give you permit to work at the interview or you still have to wait for the EAD?

Thanks
N

Hi, I have a question. If you don't get your EAD before your interview, and you clear the interview but the name check is pending, So do they give you permit to work at the interview or you still have to wait for the EAD?

Thanks
N

Great question! I was wondering the same thing.
Anyone know?

Haha..Thanks..I was thinking about this for a long time and thought of posting it on forum. Lets see who answers it :D

I think I have an answer to your question. According to my friend, who is the lawyer, EAD allows you to work even without the completed namecheck because it maybe easily terminated in any moment.........so if anything goes wrong EAD will become useless .........

Last edited by a moderator:
Meaning you will get EAD even if your namecheck is pending, if you got it already and you go to the interview, the officer probably wont take it away from you (or the advance parole).

You could (depending on your DO and the kindness of your officer) get the I-551 stamp on your passport that day (if your namecheck has cleared and you are approved on the spot), and with that you can apply for a social security number, driver's licence and accept employment (and travel for that matter).

Note: hehehe, post # 1,234 :eek:

Meaning you will get EAD even if your namecheck is pending, if you got it already and you go to the interview, the officer probably wont take it away from you (or the advance parole).

You could (depending on your DO and the kindness of your officer) get the I-551 stamp on your passport that day (if your namecheck has cleared and you are approved on the spot), and with that you can apply for a social security number, driver's licence and accept employment (and travel for that matter).

Note: hehehe, post # 1,234 :eek:

What if you dont have EAD and you go to interview and get approved and name check is pending. Question remains same:-

1. Do we get a EAD from IO at Interview right away?
2. We get right to work if we clear the interview?
3. We have to wait for EAD to come to work :(?

I hope my questions are clear now

N

My thoughts in bold

What if you dont have EAD and you go to interview and get approved and name check is pending. Question remains same:-

If namecheck cleared, no. As you may get your GC in 2 weeks.
If namecheck pending, maybe you will get it expedited (request sent to the NBC).

If namecheck cleared, No. Only if you get the I-551 stamp on your passport that same day.
If namecheck pending, No. Even if you pass the interview, you can only work with the EAD until your receive the GC

Unless you have the GC or I-551 stamp, the EAD is the only thing you can use to work.

I hope my questions are clear now. And my answers/thoughts?

N

Prae.~

1)EAD's are only expedited after day 90. So if your name check is pending at the interview, and still dont have an EAD, you are going to have to wait for the NBC to mail u the card. This is actually a possibility in my case as I applied for an EAD late.

I tried to get it expedited, but my DO told me to come, not on day 90 but say day 94. I guess the idea was it might be in the mail for those extra 4 days if approved on the last day.

It sucks to wait ladies and gents, but i had to tell u as i was told ;)

2) you get the right to work if by the interview it would have cleared, and ur passport gets stamped.
3) to work u need either an EAD or GC/passport stamp.

I hope my questions are clear now

N

For all that didn't receive their Notice yet...
============================================
California Service Center (CSC) Experiencing System Delays
June 29th, 2007
by VJ News
WASHINGTON – The California Service Center (CSC) is experiencing systems problems that are causing delays in the printing of certain notices. USCIS believes the delays are primarily affecting approval notices for cases decided between April 2007 and the present, although production of some receipt notifications may be affected as well. USCIS is attempting to identify the source of the problem and generate the delayed notices as quickly as possible. In the interim, CSC has established interim procedures to help facilitate the needs of its customers.

• If USCIS has cashed your remittance check and you have yet to receive a receipt notice, please verify your case’s status on-line using the receipt number indicated on your cancelled check. If you don’t know your receipt number, please contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) toll-free at 800-375-5283 for your receipt number.

• If you believe that you haven’t received an approval notice (for example - you check the online system and it indicates that your case was approved and you have not received an approval notice), USCIS encourages you to submit an inquiry to the e-mail box: CSC.NoNotice@DHS.Gov. Please include your receipt number and/or your "A" number with your inquiry. USCIS expects to respond to email inquiries within 30 calendar days.

return to index
This entry was posted on Friday, June 29th, 2007 at 2:13 am and is filed under General Immigration. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
=======================================================

You're right they had some problems mailing notices. That is why it took me so long to get my I-130 approval notice. It was approved on May 3, and I actually got it today!!. But first they told me to apply for a duplicate ($200). it is good we didn't do it. We just wrote an email to CSC, of course they said that they couldn't respond to the emails from the public, but right on the next day they sent the approval notice. So I guess sending an email helped.

Thanks myredskins and Praetorian. I got my answers all cleared. Thanks a lot. So basically now we all need EAD..Good luck everyone!

N

By the way, if someones is interested what the I-130 approval notice says, here it is:

Notice Type: Approval Notice
The above petition has been approved.The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local INS office to obtain Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application.

If the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for a visa outside the United States based on this petition, the petitioner should file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that require consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The approval of this visa petition does not in itself grant any immigration status and does not guarantee that the alien beneficiary will subsequently be found to be eligible for a visa, for admission to the United States, or for an extension, change, or adjustment of status.

THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA NOR MAY IT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

Hi Everyone,

I have got CRIS email saying Card Production Order!!!! so I guess I'll get my EAD soon. How long it usually takes to get in the mail? Thanks