Any March 2004 people out there still?

My inquiry returned with answer "waiting for additional security check"

Anybody in the same situation? I saw somebody contacted their local congressman/senator, but get the answer that "they can not release the security infomation to the third-party, nor can they expedite the process". What are the options left? ;)

calgc2004 said:
Today my lawyer called the officer again and this time the officer mentioned that they are waiting for my Name check results to come back before proceeding with processing 140 and 485. Last week when the lawyer called the officer mentioned that they are waiting for original labor from National Visa Center. Mine is EB2 substitute case with 140 ND 03/24/2004.

I don't know why they are waiting for Name check for processing 140 case. My 485 ND is 10/14/2004 and i don't know when my name check will complete.

Inquiry ?

mesbah said:
I'm seeing all these approvals all the way till August 2004. Pretty frustrating because my 140 application hasn't been touched since filling. No RFEs, and no LUDs (apart from the inquiry ones). Not sure what's going on. Was told the case got assigned to an officer on 01/13/05, but no word yet.

Anyone else in the same boat? Kabish, any updates?
Hi Mesbah,

How did you make the inquiry ? Can you please tell me the procedure to do it ? If your case is assigned to an officer, then I think that's a good news and you should hear something pretty soon. Good luck.

Hi

140 processing between 360-360,no changed to 350-360.Any Idea??

Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 26, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 350 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Regards
Kabish

Name check pending.

I guess when I filed an inquiry and got a response from my Lawyers, I did not read my email very "closely". This is what I learned (I don't know how many of us know about it!):

Inquiry was done for I-40. RFE reponse received on 01/10/05. This is the exact response that came back:
"Name Check for the 485 is pending." I did not read the "485" part.

I talked to my lawyer and she said that my Name check clearance from FBI is pending for my I-485. This is "generally" the last step from USCIS before approving the case. It means they have "likely" done all my I-140 things too. So it is likely after the Name check I could expect both I-140 & I-485 approvals together.

Now the bad part: About 5% of the cases get backloged in this. FBI is a seperate entity and not very customer friendly and they take there own ("sweet") time to approve. The case "might" be backloged anytime from 3 months to a Year!

There is nothing I can do other than wait :(

Case Details:

EB2 Semi concurrent:

I140 - RD 03/08/04
LUD - 04/14/04, 12/01/04 (RFE - Ablility to pay), 01/10/05 (RFE response)
Inquiry on 02/10/05
LUD - 02/17/05 (Says Name check pending)

I485 - RD 05/27/04
LUD - 07/27/04 (FP), 10/27/04 (Mass update)

Hi all,

I called the 1-800-375-5283 to check upon my I-140 case status, previously I used to hear that there is some technical error and information on this case cannot be accessed, but yesterday when i called the message i heard was "this case was received on so and so date and it is taking 350 to ......".
Does this mean anything? any body who has an idea about this please post.

thanks,
calgc2004

Guys,

Don't worry you'll also get your approval notices pretty soon. I got mine recently. see the thread below.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=164007

My observation is they process EB2 and EB3 categories in batches. When March 04 priority date was going on I saw some cases approved for EB2 categorya and later on they stopped completely but I was seeing a lot of EB3 category cases being approved. Now again they have started EB2 category cases.

Just hold on tight.

Good Luck

Phone message

Mine is the same. I was never able to listen to the status of I140 on the phone system before due to system problem, now I can.

BTW, I never got a LUD since they received the finger print results.

I140/485 ND: 7/28/04

I can now get the status of my 140 on the phone as well. I dont' think this is a good/bad sign, they probably did some maintenance that fixed that problem. I haven't been able to get the status by phone for almost a year for my 140.. may also be related to the estimated time change from 360 to 350. Seems like EB3 processing has stopped at CSC :(

LUD on 2/25/05 !!!

Just notice a LUD on 2/25/05 on 485 but none on 140 since 3/29/04..
Somehow no new LUD for spouse since 1/10/05 on 1485.
Note sure what that mean!!!
485 RD 05/19/04
485 LUD 1/10/05, 2/25/05

LUD on 02/28 ON I140

Just now i noticed that the LUD on my I140 changed to today (02/28). Not sure if that means something. will know in the next few days. will keep you posted.

CSC EB2
I140 ND: 03/24/04
I485 ND: 10/14/04

Hi Lingeron,

May be for yr wife wife LUD change for 485 is for Name Check clearence.My wife's LUD also changed on the same date.My wife enquired, one good officer told that her Name check is cleared on Jan 2005.

REgards
Kabish

So my 140 LUD got updated today to 3/1. However, when I called the emergency number (coincidence), the lady asked me if my employer called yesterday for status. I know neither my employer or lawyer called yesterday, so maybe someone from the senator's office did. I sent them a letter 2 weeks ago. The weird thing is that I haven't heard back from the contact at the senator's office... I wonder what's going on.

Hi Mesbah

It is too worrying why they r keeping our 140 too.Atleast they can approve that.

Kabish

Kabish,

I'm really frustrated with this whole thing. I'm not sure what the hell is going on with our cases. This time, I specifically kept asking them if the name check is clear, and they said they can't tell, and that it's with the officer -- since 01/13!!! I asked them if the 140 is held up because of 485 and they said they don't know, it's with an officer. So, maybe we got the same officer that just misplaced our files somewhere. i don't know. I'm going to wait some more, and then write to the director of CSC.. They haven't even responded to any of my enquiries (the ones done by the lawyer)

Now I know what that I485 LUD for on Friday? Today they have approved my EAD.. This clearly shows that my 140 & 485 application is not ready to be approved.. This Name Check process really sucks!! :( :mad:
485 RD 05/19/04
485 LUD 1/10/05, 2/25/05

Kabish,

I got a response to the inquiry saying my case is "undergoing detailed review". That means it's probably stuck in name check. It'll be around 1.5-2 years from what I can tell. Anyway, hopefully you're not in the same boat. Good luck to you man. At least now I know that it's screwed.. I'm going to contact the FBI and senators to see what I can do. I'll post any updates.