Any luck contacting CGI Houston?

kashabasha

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

Did anybody have any luck contacting CGI Houston either by telephone or e-mail? Their telephone keeps ringing and nobody cares to answer it. We can expect better customer service at any pan shop in India.

kb

You bet. Their customer service sucks.
I have never even got any responses for about 6 emails I have sent them (over the span of 6 months) so far.
And to think that we pay $275 (OCI Application) for such a crappy service! (Most of it probably gets "eaten up" and goes into Swiss accounts I bet)

Just a comment.... Pan shops in India are not owned by the government.... Private enterprise!

Hello.

Did anybody have any luck contacting CGI Houston either by telephone or e-mail? Their telephone keeps ringing and nobody cares to answer it. We can expect better customer service at any pan shop in India.

kb

I don't know if these would be any better, of if you have already tried these numbers... from the Houston consulate website:

Note: In case of any assistance/complaints in respect of passport services, the following officers may be contacted during office hours.

(i) Vice Consul (Consular) Phone: (713) 626-3252
(ii) Assistant Consular Officer Phone: (713) 629-1491

impossible

I started my OCI process in August of last year, got approved a month ago after so much going back and forth with documents.

Now, sent my passports 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them.

I hired a messenger service in Houston to go to the consulate and they were told by the consulate that people are flying in to get their passports stamped and they are given priority. They will get to the mailed in applications when they can. There was apparently a 45 min wait in line for the messenger and the lady refused to give any further info. Cost me $60. Waste of money.

I want my passports back. I'm now considering flying there to get this matter taken care of.

I'm never using the Houston consulate again in the future.

EB3_kp, That is such a sad news !!! 7+ months and still no OCI.
Worst is, this is not over, you need to do this for your kids each time you renre their US passport (Get it restamped) till they are 20.

You can not get away from those people unless you move out of Houston region.

EB3_kp, what do you mean by going back and forth with documents? Did they ask you to resend something? Can you tell us more so we will be prepared?