any local transfers to Pittsburgh INS?

ramesh vasudevan

Registered Users (C)
my case was transferred to Pittsburgh INS office in Feb,01.
EB3, NSC, INDIA
PD 11/97, ND 11/99

Has anyone had any interview experience in Pittburgh INS? Can someone suggest me of a good attorney in Pittsburgh who can help me?
thanks for your replies,
Ramesh.

No Title

Dear Ramesh,
When is your interview scheduled in Pittsburgh. My case was transferred to Pittsburgh office on April 10. Does it help to call Piitsburgh center to expedite the interview process? Also I changed my employer after filing I485 and submitted an approved I-140 from the new employer before making the change. That may be the reason behind this transfer, any thoughts? Finally a question for the gurus on this board. I also obtained Canadian PR recently and it is stamped right in front of advance parole. Can USA green card be refused on this basis. I am keeping Canadian PR only as a backup in case anything goes wrong here and have not lived or worked in Canada after getting the PR. Any thoughts will be welcomed.
Imran

No Title

my interview is in June. When is yours? It is no use talking to Pitt INS (but you can always try - you might get a different response than what I got). Your changing employer could be a reason for transfer. Canadian PR should not affect your US green card - I don\'t see any connection there.
Do you have any info about interview at Pitt INS? Are you planning to take your attorney with you to the interview?

No Title

I have not heard anything so far from Pittsburgh Center. Could you post exact dates of your case transfer and interview? Also when did you get the notice of your interview and what documents you have been asked to bring with you? In all probability I am taking my attorney with me, it gives me a sense of security.
Imran

No Title

Hi Imran,
sorry for not being able to reply earlier. My case was transfered in 3rd week of Feb and the interview is on 6/11/01. Have you received your interview notice yet? Let me know if you get any scoop on Pitt INS office (ie. any experiecens, how are the people there etc.) and I will do the same.
good luck.

No Title

Ramesh,
Thanks for your reply. My attorney has advised me to take a local attorney to the interview, if I want (I had requested her to accompany us). She talked to some local law firm but their immigration attorney was on vacation till May 8. She will arrange a conference call with that particular attorney after he returns from vacation. I will keep you posted on that. I have not heard anything yet from Pittsburgh office. When were you informed about your interview date? Does it help to call the local office to exepedite your interview?
Imran

No Title

I received interviwe letter some where around first week of march ie. about 2-3 weeks after I learned about my transfer from AVM. I have nor heard of any experience while dealing with Pitt INs so I am not sure whether it will help or not contacting the local INS. Do you know why your case was tramsferred? Are you aware of any good immigration lawyer in Pitt? I am also thinking of taking a local attorney.

No Title

Ramesh,
I believe my case was transferred because I changed my employer 6 months after filing I-485 and submitted an approved I-140 from the new employer to replace the earlier I-140. As I mentioned in my ealier post my attorney is going to arrange a local attorney from Pittsburgh after he returns from vacation on May 8. I will let you know his name and my gut feeling about how good he is and his fees, after I talk to him.
Imran

No Title

My case has been transferred to Hartford office
EB2, VSC, INDIA ND 02/00
Has anyone had any interview experience in Hartford INS?
Thanks for your replies,

No Title

Imran, did u get your interview notice yet? when is your interview scheduled? Also, did u try to speak with people at INS office about your interview? The reason I am asking is because I want to reschedule my interview.
Thanks.