Any latest timelines on I485 at Houston Service Centre

ravichennai

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

Can anyone who has had marriage-based 485 interview at the Houston local office recently provide theie timeslines.

Any other info on the interview experience would also be appreciated. It would be helpful to people like me who have just been waiting. Thanks.

My interview at the Houston Office was not recent but back in Nov of 2002. Applied 485 March 01, Fingerprints in June 02, received letter for interview Last week of Oct 02 and interview in Mid Mov 02. Interview was a little ugly in the begining(had nothing to do with my case, petty stuff). Officer did go over the docs with a fine tooth comb. Payed very close attention to W-2, tax returns, mortgage statements, life insurance, 401k statements, employment letter, bank statements etc... She asked a lot of questions, but no trick questions. Just a lot of information gathering. The key is to gather a lot of documentation. I call it infomation overload. Provide so much documentation for the case that, suspicions will be laid to rest from the start. At the same time, do not ever provide any doc that is crap. All evidence/doc must be clear and to the point. They should have to fumble thru stuff to figure it out. That wil tick them off. What I did was to give her a copy of all the documentation separated and labelled by sections and I had the same documents in my hand in the same order and went over it with her. That actually made her more relaxed in the end. Did not get stamp the same day. Security check delays. Got a letter in the mail 3 days later saying it was approved. Was asked to come in and get PP stamped.

Last edited by a moderator:
thx albert. are you sure about your date? you said you submitted application in March 01. and FP in June 02. That is more than 1 year apart.

how do you handle your medical? did you submit along with I-485? or at inverview time? thank you.

Yes, the fingerprints were taken more than a year after I applied for AOS. That is not uncommon. FPs have a 15 month expiration date. I took my medical to the interview. I knew that it would take 2 years or so for the interview. So I got it done right after the FPs.

Here's the latest status on my marriage-based 485 filed at the local Houston office.

1) Nov 10, 2002 - Applied for AoS I-485.
2) Jan 10, 2003 - Got EAD.
3) Feb 1, 2003 - Received AoS reciept notice with A #.
4) June 28, 2003 - Received notice for FP and Medical.

Any ideas as to how long the AoS interview-wait will be after the FP/Medical. Thanks.

Hi ravichennai

Thanks for updating your latest status.
Let us know when you get any further updates.

I'm also in the same boat. but not marriage based
Father...son .
But i guess the dateline will be same.

Mine is I-485 Feb 25 2003

Thanks

Any update .......Houston Local center.

Any update .......Houston Local center.

ravichennai......can you update ypur status if any

Thanks

Just updating my status

I got my EAD today. I took like 5 months to get EAD (Houston)

1) Feb 25th -- Filed I-485
2) March 10t -- Got A #
3) Aug 21 st -- Got EAD

Thanks

Family Based Application at the Houston Office

1) 2/5/03 -- Filed I-130, I-485
2) 2/18/03-- Got A #
3) 4/10/03 -- Got EAD

I haven't taken the medical exam yet. Also I didn't submit I-864, Affidavit of Support. Is it necessary now or can I take it during the interview?

Updating my status

Got notice for Finger Print.

It's for Sep 24the 2003.

Houston Guys please keep updating,
So we all know where we are standing

Thanks

Here's a update on my case.
Filed for marriage-based AoS in Nov' 2002.
FP and Medical in July '03.
NoA for interview in April '04.

So totally it took me around 16 months for the interview notice. Will update on the interview next month.

Hi ravichennai

Can you update us your Interview
Experience.
If I'm right you had your Interview last
month

Thanks

Hi All,

Need some input from you on marriage-based Green card process. Pls help!

My Status:

I'm on H1 B Visa on the 6th year with pending I-485 for 14 months. My chances of employement based I-485 approval are 50:50, as it has some complications. Have EAD, but haven't used it.

If I decide to marry a US Citizen,

1. Can I file another I-485?
2. If I file I-485 based on Marriage, am I eligible to stay legally in US (based
on the I-485 marriage based application) until I get the case approved?
3. Do I need to be in valid H1B status, to file my I-485 marriage based
application as well maintain the H1B status until the case approved?

Many Thanks!

Got my passport stamped today.

1) 2/5/03 -- Filed I-130, I-485
2) 2/18/03-- Got A #
3) 4/10/03 -- Got EAD
4)12/02/03 - FP
5)5-20-04 - Interview

Went to the Greens Road office for the interview this morning. Waited 15 minutes and was called in. The interview took less than 15 minutes. The immigration officer was very friendly and fast. First she asked for my medical and affidavit of support. Then proof of relationship. I had religious marriage certificate, joint bank statement, apartment lease, auto insurance. She asked me when was the last time I entered the states, my birthplace, how I met my wife, what kind of work I do. She asked my wife, how she got her green card, birthplace. That’s all.

APPROVEd (Father filed for son category)........ :)

1) 2/15/03 -- I-485
2) 2/22/03-- Got A #
3) 11/05/03 - FP
5) 5-18-04 - Interview

The immigration officer was very friendly and fast. We waited for
45 mins.Interview was for 30 mins....basic question....how you came to US
...employment status......Tax Return.

Finally she stamped I-551 in our passport and said green card
will be coming in 6 months

Good luck

Rashec.........I got q quick question.

Did they Stamp I-551 on your passport for one year.

Mine they stamped for only one year...is that normal...just curious.

Thanks

My passport was also stamped for 1 year. I received a conditional greencard, which expires in two years. I am thinking about going to the office and asking them about it. The customer service people on the phone usually doesn't have any clue.