Any Issues with different employers during CP

kumar461

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I need your input..
Company A sponsored my GC while I was working there. I quit company A and joined company B. Recently my labor is cleared and about to file I140 with CPoption. Company A is willing to help me in this process. So, my question is, will there be any issues at the consulate bcos of not working for petetioning employer( company A) at the time of the interview. Any input is really appreciated.

Kumar

Issues at CP,

You will have to be ready to answer a few questions; but the fact remains that the GC is for a future job, so you can do this. However, you have to explain why you are working for some other company now and once you get your GC will revert back to the sponsoring company. Find a good reason and you should be OK. They might also suspect the financial ability of the sponsoring company-so, take extensive documentation-tax returns/financial statements and a good employer's letter.;)

Thanks Rajeev. Company A is a small company(about 30 employees) so I want to take last three years tax returns and my last three years w2 including current paystubs.
I thought financial ability is reviewed only at I-140 stage and if I-140 is approved then consulate has no problem in issuing the visa.
Will there be a denial bcos the consular officer thinks that the company is not financially stable. Did you come across any denials at CP level bcos of finanacial stability of the company.
I searched the forums for similar threads but I couldn't find one.

I really appreciate your input.

You are right...

The financial ability of the company is scrutinized during I140; Howver, the consular official looks at the company's finances to assess if they can pay your salary and to see if the job offer is authentic-to exclude fraudulous intent. It does not hurt to carry those documents. While I am not aware of rejections because of lack of financial documents, there are rare instances where the applicants have been specifically asked for these documents.