Any interview experience in LA - Marriage based case

sd1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I recd the notice for an interview in August last week.
My case is marriage based & presently i'm on H1B.

Any similar experience details in LA district office by a member wud be a great help... Thx in advance

Hello,

I am going to file my I130/485 in LA dist office next month. Will you please tell me your application timelines and your experience if any?

I really appreciate your time.

-milpride

I am in the same situation. H1B, then marrried a citizen. Filed paper in june, 2003. Got finger printed and EAD in july, 03. interviewed in may, 04. interview was like meeting a friend. The officer was so nice to us. Only critism the officer made was that we were late--held up at the door for the security check, should have left earlier, but my wife always spends too much time in the bathroom every morning. We three are all of the same nationality, so most of the time, we spoke a language other than english. :)

Oh, forgot to say, although everything was ok, and all papers in order, I didn't get stamp or anything, because of something like background check. officer wrote "ip pending" on a piece of paper. That paper says I can file an inquiry in 60 days, which I did two weeks ago. Nothing happened yet.

Anybody here can give me a better explanation on "ip pending" and its timeline? I checked and found it's "indices popular", something even my immigration lawyer friend doesn't know. maybe my last name is too popular, so somewhere a computer database has been checking it for 1 year and still counting to see whether I am a terrorist?