Any Idea ?

rfe

Registered Users (C)
I got a RFE and replied to the RFE on 2/15/02. It is almost 1 month. The AVM still says a RFE was issued on Jan 4th. I called the INS twice and the answer was they were still waiting for the RFE. My question is when the officer looks at the file in the computer she/he usually does not have any clue about physical location of the file. Could it be possible that the mail department matched the RFE and sent back the file to the officer without updating the system?
Any thought

Similar experience

I got RFE and reply sent immidiately in Sept 2001. The AVM never got updated for 3 months and there was no response to faxes. So ultimately replied again along with old and a new reply in Dec. 2001 and the AVM changed next day. This can happen to anyone!

cak

what do u mean "replied again along with old" ?

Did you get another RFE? If they dont receive your response in 90 days your case can be considered as abandoned. PLease clarify.

send a copy of response..

From my experience with RFEs, You should re-send a copy of your response to TSC. Put a copy of the RFE form (which has the officer number, SRC # etc) as the first page.

Also, send it by express mail to the Courier address. Again, in our case, it got updates in 5-10 days.