Any idea how long it will take to get GC

gc_so_what

Registered Users (C)
This is the first time I am posting something in this site. I have been reading this forum for very long but never posted anything before.

I worked for a company between 1998 and 2002 and was affected by redundancy. In this period I got my labor certified and I-140 approved.

My priority date if Oct 1998.

I have got an offer from the same company again and I am in the process of filing I-485 directly to get my work authorization. It is going to be filed in VSC. Can someone tell me how long it will take for me to get my EAD/AP and eventually my GC?

All the best to you all. I sincerely hope that something happens about the retrogression and everyone who applies gets the green card without too much wait.

Thanks

A question on your question

From 1998 to 2002, thats 4 yrs, so at 2004 your 6 years might have been over.

So you would have filed for an extension?

Also, even after you were let go, could you still hold on to your priority date?

I am still trying to learn the intricacies of this amazingly "govt" system.

I was let go in March 2002. I had a choice at that time to go back to India and work from the india office and they said they would keep my GC alive.

I rejected that offer to make some money in redundancy package.

I forgot about the GC and started working with many other companies outside US and concentrated on my work, picked up a lot of skills and move on.

After 3 years or so, based on my skills, I applied again, cleared the interviews and have got an offer again.

Since there are no H1s available now, we are applying for my work authorization using my own lc/I-140 approval long ago.

Hope this helps.