Any help and suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Xie

Registered Users (C)
INS lost part of my file, and asked me to re-send some materials. Could anybody know anything about this kind of cases? Could anybody explain to me what\'s going to happen after I re-send the required materials? What procedures do I need to go through? Any help would be appreciated.

My situation is like this:
I filed my I-485 along with EAD and AP to Vermont INS in the end of Aug. 2001. However, I never got any receipt notice from INS but they did receive my package. My money order was never cashed either. After so many times calling INS, finally last week they told me that they lost my money order and photos, that was why they couldn\'t process my case. BUT THEY NEVER TOLD ME UNTIL 6 MONTHS LATER!

No Title

Did you file yourself or through your lawyer? Either way I guess you\'ve gotten unlucky and lost 6 months in the bargain. Most probably you will get a Feb RD when you resend the info. Do you have it in written from VSC that they lost the papers. Do you have any proof of delivery in August? If so you may want to ask your lawyer to request VSC to consider back dating your case on this basis although I don\'t know whether they will actually do that or if any precedent exists for such a situation.

No Title

Thanks a lot for responding to my message. My lawyer filed the entire package for me. We do have the proof of delivery in August, that\'s why INS said that they would issue me a priority date for my case back to last August. But I don\'t trust them. Who knows how long I should wait again. My lawyer told me that my case is currently in IIO\'s hand, and once INS receives new money order and photos from me, they would process it immediately, because they are embarassed. I don\'t know whether my lawyer is trying to comfort me or not. Anyway, he told me that INS has a code for my case, so soon as the cashier cashes my check, the IIO would be notified immediately to process my case. Is this true? Do you hear any kind of this cases? Really thanks a lot. You are the only person who shows sympathies and concerns.

For your own sanity, I would believe them. Your reinstated PD will be evident from the RD of your 48

.. And why sweat on this? Its not that you have an alternative. If INS is willing to make amends, they are amending their mistake - you can appreciate the fact that you may not have lost time after all.

You are supposed to be fine...

Since INS has sent you note for resending documents, they already established your information in their computers, which means they already physically accepted your case. Therefore your RD should be Aug01 other than Feb02.

During the processing procudures there are many steps for INS to face: sending receipt notice; FP; RFE; interview. For your case they just cannot find the checks (as per you said) so the notice could not have been issued.

So don\'t worry about that you will be fine.

Thanks a lot, esbee, and Hunna. Your words made me feel much better now.