Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Congrats on ur successful walk in musicaa...what exactly happens at the biometrics....do they take any photos, cuz i really wanna do a walk in but i need to get my hair done first if they will be taking a pic for my GC...LOL

hehe @MELL8725 - I had to fill out some paperwork and when it was my turn she took my fingerprints (electronic) each hand, each finger and took my picture. And that was all, maybe 5 min max. was super fast and easy.

Waiting and waiting...............
DO: Chicago IL
Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS priority mail
Day 06: 03/06/2011 - Package Received
Day xx: xx/xx/2011 - Emails recieved with reciept numbers for I-130, I-485 and I-765
Day xx: xx/xx/2011 - Notice of Actions recieved in the mail
Day xx: xx/xx/2011 - Biometric Appointment recieved in the mail (scheduled for xx/xx/11)
Day xx: xx/xx/2011 - Walk-in Biometric done!

DO: Chicago IL
01/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS priority mail
02/04/2011 - Letter with reciept numbers for I-130, I-485 and I-765
02/10/2011 - Biometric Appointment recieved in the mail (scheduled for 02/22/11)
02/22/2011 - Biometric done!
03/05/2011- Initial interview appointment letter received (Scheduled for 04/07/11)
03/25/2011- EAD card in production

Last edited by a moderator:
I send my package yesterday through USPS express. Package received and signed at 10 11 am by sb..looking forward

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!!!

So i recently updated my signature after checking online and seeing my case....anyway today i went back online to see if there was any movement on my case but it was no longer available online...come to find out that i had put in the wrong receipt number which belonged to someone else...wth....i was soo disappointed really thought i was on a roll.....cnt believe its just that easy to someone else case updates....hmmm

Hey y'all,

I did my walk-in biometrics today. It went great. They did not even ask me why I was doing it early. The lady that was the receptionist just told the guy there that they had an "early bird" meaning someone coming for an early biometrics. The whole process took about 10 mins. I am glad i tried it because I had to drive 45 minutes to that place and skipped my afternoon class. After the whole process, there was a lady there that explained how i will receive a letter in about 4 week to go to DO for an interview and all other stuff that I knew about ( I did not want to cut her off and I kept listening). She also mentioned that I will get my EAD faster because I did early biometrics.
It was totally worth it to try a walk-in. I am glad a skipped my class just to do it.

good for you thomkip....everyone is slowly moving along...it makes it so much easier going through the process with so many other people just like ourselves....

Did my walk-in biometrics today at Sugarland, TX; no hassle whatsoever. The staff were really friendly.

good for you thomkip....everyone is slowly moving along...it makes it so much easier going through the process with so many other people just like ourselves....

Mell8725,

That's exactly the same thing I was thinking about it. I feel so much better about going through this process knowing that so many of us are going through the same thing.

I was very nervous in the beginning because my husband and I decided to do everything on our own and not use a lawyer, but reading all these updates everyday makes me feel so much better and much more confident and less concerned. :)

Can't wait to get my letter for my biometrics.

@ musicaa
Thank God your RFE is not a serious one. For the purpose of those that might be using this thread as a guide for their application in the future, it will be nice if you can post the detail of your RFE and how you respond to it. This will not only help others avoid the mistake/omittion you made but also help them in responding to it. Thanks and goodluck.

Good Morning everyone,

@Immiresearch - I updated my timeline, the RFE was regarding a missing document. They asked to send in evidence of my lawful admission in the US. Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport.

I sent everything off today and I hope the RFE wont slow my process down too much.

I'm going to attempt my walk in today, wish me luck guys. :)

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks musicaa and congratulations on your walk-in.

@ thomkip @ immisearch

Thank you for the wishes. I am relieved that I can now see my application online. Not that it's that big a deal but it kind of gives a sense of assurance that something is still going on.

@ immisearch
We had the walk-in biometrics on the same day, so you should be hearing something soon too. And maybe it also depends on how much loaded the local NBC office is at each location. I am lucky in that sense if the center is relatively less busy this time of the year. Regardless of that, things seem to be going good for most people on this thread (except for some RFEs) and I am sure everyone would be through in a couple of months from now.

Yes we did induz but frankly am not expecting my interview notice that fast (i wish, hope and pray for it though) because, from what i know, Newark office is always busy. So as long as am still within the average time frame with no problem, it's cool.

Pls. start preparing for the interview from now. With your spouse, starting refreshing your memory about your relationship and the marriage. Dont take anything for granted and document all the piece of evidence you could think of. Hope the success story starts from you and spread to the other members of february thread. I believe your case should be staight forward enough to make the processing fast like that so i think everything should be fine. Goodluck

Hey y'all,

I did my walk-in biometrics today. It went great. They did not even ask me why I was doing it early. The lady that was the receptionist just told the guy there that they had an "early bird" meaning someone coming for an early biometrics. The whole process took about 10 mins. I am glad i tried it because I had to drive 45 minutes to that place and skipped my afternoon class. After the whole process, there was a lady there that explained how i will receive a letter in about 4 week to go to DO for an interview and all other stuff that I knew about ( I did not want to cut her off and I kept listening). She also mentioned that I will get my EAD faster because I did early biometrics.
It was totally worth it to try a walk-in. I am glad a skipped my class just to do it.

Congratulations. . .

Congratulation to those that had a successful walk-ins, it worth trying afterall!

@ new member
welcome to the thread guys. Pls update your thread as we go along and try to assist in anyway you can. We will all get there successfully God willing.

Congrats to everyone that did the successful walk-in. Seems like everyone is moving forward. Lets hope and pray it stays that way.

I'm so happy I found this forum and I'm able to share my experience. Thank you all.
Good luck and I hope everyone has a great day.

God bless.

Hi
I sent out my I-485, I-130 and I-765 on Mar 1st. Now waiting to get NOA in mail and hopefully the biometrics appt letter as well.
Does anyone know if I could do biometrics at the other ASC than the one they appointed me to go to?
Thanks!

Im just waiting for my interview letter, EAD and Advance Parole..

Quick question - my current OPT expires on the 31st of March..how does that affect my current employment status if my new EAD has no arrived?

Too all the newbies..welcome, and good luck with the process

Hey Shely, when did u mail ur package?? update ur signature so we can all view ur progress

Sorry, I forgot to update my signature!

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Shely, IL

Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 07: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 08: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online

good luck everyone guys..

guys,,now i have started my boat..lets c how it goes...so far i submitted following documents. is these documents enough?

I130
1. This cover letter
2. Check for $420.00, payable to US Department of Homeland Security
3. 1 photo each of applicant and beneficiary (Name written on the back of photos).
4. Completed Form I130.
5. Completed Forms G-325A for applicant and beneficiary
6. Copy of petitioner birth certificate.
7. Copy of unexpired US passport as proof of citizenship
8. Evidence of our relationship:-
a. Copy of our marriage certificate
b. Copy of our lease showing joint tenancy
c. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources (copy of bankcard for both under same account number).

d. Military ID card and Military dependent ID card
e. Military General Power of Attorney(maximum rights for my beneficiary to do on behalf of me in my absent)
f. Tricare Prime Insurance card for Military dependent
g. Military record of Emergency data and military SGLI election and certificate naming
beneficiary.
h. Copy of letter addressed to each other.
i. Our photograph taken in different places ( described on back of each photograph)

I485
1. This cover letter

2. Check for $1070.00 for form I-485 ($985.00) and biometrics (85.00), payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security

3. 2 passport photos of applicant (Name written on the back of photos)

4. Form I-485

5. Form G-325A for applicant

6. I-693, sealed envelope containing medical examination from civil surgeon

7. Copy of my birth certificate

8. Copy of police clearance certificate before entry in United States

9. Copy of passport page with F1 visa

10. Copy of my I-94 (Front and Back)

11. Copy of I-20 (1st and 3rd page of each college attended)

12. Copy of marriage certificate

13. Copy of certificate as a member of Leo Club

14. I-864, Affidavit of Support, filled out by my sponsor and supporting documents:-

a. Attachment letter for number 25 in the form I864
b. Military contract paper. (stated Active Duty Obligation for 4 years and 19 weeks).
c. Sponsor military ID and dependent military ID (written USA/AD status in dependent ID card which is also the proof that the sponsor is an active duty military).
d. Dependent tri-care insurance card. (stated Active Duty family member)
e. Copy of federal income tax return (form 1040, and W2) for 2010.
f. Pay stubs (Military Leave and Earning Statement) for last six months.

I765
1. This cover letter
2. 2 passport photos (Name written on the back of each photos)
3. Form I-765
4. Copy of my I-94 (front and back).

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Hi everyone.

Hope all is well with everybody.

Just received the I-797C, Notice of Action for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 :)

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Chicago, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)

Have a nice day you all! Best of luck to all.

Shely