Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Good evening everyone.

Hope everybody is doing well. We got text/emails today so I decided to post my update :)

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Shely, IL

Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 07: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation

I am so relieved because I sent my package through USPS express mail but instead of sending it to the p.o. box, I sent to the real address, so I got a little worried that I could be in trouble, but thankfully they got it. :)

Now it comes the wait part again, to get the NOA in the mail and then the biometric appointment letter :) Will keep you all updated.

Good luck to you all! Have a nice week everyone!!!

Shely

Glad you are relieved now, thats USCIS lol. Dont worry, as this one passed, the other ones shall past too!

@ musicaa
Thank God your RFE is not a serious one. For the purpose of those that might be using this thread as a guide for their application in the future, it will be nice if you can post the detail of your RFE and how you respond to it. This will not only help others avoid the mistake/omittion you made but also help them in responding to it. Thanks and goodluck.

@ all

for those who are yet to put their timelines in thier signature, pls let's do so. I believe we have all gain one or two things from this forum and it would be nice if we can help those that will be reading this thread in the future by posting whatever will think will help.

Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and its very new to me but this forums looks very informative :) I have applied I-130/I-485 concurrent filing. Here is my step-by-step

Day 00: 02/19/2011 - AOS package sent visa FedEX
Day 03: 02/22/2011 - Package received
Day 06 : 02/25/2011 - Email and sms received with receipt numbers for I-130,I-131,I-485 and I-1765
Day 12: 03/03/2011 - Notice of Actions received in the mail for all 4

Next step I'm waiting for Biometrics appointment. I want to know about walk-in Biometrics details.Is there any procedure to do walk-in?

Thanks in advance

@ musicaa
Thank God your RFE is not a serious one. For the purpose of those that might be using this thread as a guide for their application in the future, it will be nice if you can post the detail of your RFE and how you respond to it. This will not only help others avoid the mistake/omittion you made but also help them in responding to it. Thanks and goodluck.

Good Morning everyone,

@Immiresearch - I updated my timeline, the RFE was regarding a missing document. They asked to send in evidence of my lawful admission in the US. Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport.

I sent everything off today and I hope the RFE wont slow my process down too much.

I'm going to attempt my walk in today, wish me luck guys. :)

Have a great day everyone.

Case Status

Good morning everyone!

Just checked my case status online @uscis.gov and even though my cases start with MSC, I was able to see what's going on :)

Filling Papers: I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

Update:

DO: Chicago, IL | ASC: Shely, IL

Day 00: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 01: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 07: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 08: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online :)

Have a good day everyone!!! Best of luck to all!!!

Shely

Good luck musicaa! Let us know how it went. And thanks for letting us know the details of your RFE. I think it's just a small road bump and nothing else. Your application should be back on track now again.

@ thomkip @ immisearch

Thank you for the wishes. I am relieved that I can now see my application online. Not that it's that big a deal but it kind of gives a sense of assurance that something is still going on.

@ immisearch
We had the walk-in biometrics on the same day, so you should be hearing something soon too. And maybe it also depends on how much loaded the local NBC office is at each location. I am lucky in that sense if the center is relatively less busy this time of the year. Regardless of that, things seem to be going good for most people on this thread (except for some RFEs) and I am sure everyone would be through in a couple of months from now.

Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and its very new to me but this forums looks very informative :) I have applied I-130/I-485 concurrent filing. Here is my step-by-step

Day 00: 02/19/2011 - AOS package sent visa FedEX
Day 03: 02/22/2011 - Package received
Day 06 : 02/25/2011 - Email and sms received with receipt numbers for I-130,I-131,I-485 and I-1765
Day 12: 03/03/2011 - Notice of Actions received in the mail for all 4

Next step I'm waiting for Biometrics appointment. I want to know about walk-in Biometrics details.Is there any procedure to do walk-in?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the thread immig4us! Going through the process together surely makes it less anxious.

Regarding the walk-in biometrics - there's nothing much about it. I see that you have already submitted the AOS package and received the NOAs for all 4. Now all you need to do is wait for the biometrics appointment letter which you would be receiving soon (my guess is within a week or so). Once you receive it you can try to just walk-in to the ASC with the appointment letter and a valid ID and complete the biometric much before the scheduled date. The only thing is some of the ASC do not accept walk-ins and many of them accept walk-ins only on Wednesdays. So it would help if you could provide your ASC location so that some of the people here with prior experience with that location can give a better picture.

And as immisearch suggested, can you please add all your timeline to your signature so we can all track it easily. You can see the signature template on most of our posts here on this thread. To add your signature --> click Settings on the top right corner of this page --> click Edit Signature on the left menu of the settings page --> add your timelines and save. Then keep updating it whenever you have something going on.

Welcome again!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's interesting is that I received 2 appointments for biometrics for 2 forms, i765 and i485, within 2 hours from each other. Am I going to change my fingerprints in 2 hours? ;-)))) Just funny!

08-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL lockbox
09-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application via ExpressMail
11-Feb-11 3 e-mails and 3 sms received
11-Feb-11 Checks cashed
12-Feb-11 Notices of Action Received - National Benefits Center - Notice # starts with MSC
07-Mar-11 2 letters received for biometrics (for i765 and i485), appointment on 04-Apr-11 9:00 and 11:00am

Heya Elena,

I received 2 appointments letters too, but they were both exactly the same - for my 2 forms. I think it's just a glitch or something. You seem to have a lot of time before your appointment. Do you plan to do a walk-in? It is sure worth a shot.

Welcome to the thread immig4us! Going through the process together surely makes it less anxious.

Regarding the walk-in biometrics - there's nothing much about it. I see that you have already submitted the AOS package and received the NOAs for all 4. Now all you need to do is wait for the biometrics appointment letter which you would be receiving soon (my guess is within a week or so). Once you receive it you can try to just walk-in to the ASC with the appointment letter and a valid ID and complete the biometric much before the scheduled date. The only thing is some of the ASC do not accept walk-ins and many of them accept walk-ins only on Wednesdays. So it would help if you could provide your ASC location so that some of the people here with prior experience with that location can give a better picture.

And as immisearch suggested, can you please add all your timeline to your signature so we can all track it easily. You can see the signature template on most of our posts here on this thread. To add your signature --> click Settings on the top right corner of this page --> click Edit Signature on the left menu of the settings page --> add your timelines and save. Then keep updating it whenever you have something going on.

Welcome again!

Thanks a lot induz_
I really appreciate your guidance. This forum is really great and I see all the people with great response. I wish all the best for every one :)
As you all suggested I did entered the timeline in my signature section(that totally makes sense). Any one with same ASC location had any walk-in-biometric appointments before??, if so please do share your experience and which day they would allow walk-in's.

Thanks again and wish you all the very best!

@immig4us: I did a walk-in in Alexandria, VA. No problem at all, no lines, I was in and out in 10 mins. I went on Wed, around 12pm. Before my walk in, I was searched this and other forums, and all I found were positive experiences with the walk-in in this office. I hope this helps!

Induz,

I'll try to walk-in for my biometrics earlier than my appointment. I'm just so busy especially on Wednesdays that I have no idea when I'll have time for that. Living in San Francisco or Bay Area around it sucks the life out of people... no time left for anything else but work!

Hey everyone,

just got back from my walk-in biometrics, I was in and out in 20min. I'm so relieved. Got there around 1.45pm and was out a little after 2pm. Another step closer.

My advice, if you live close to the ASC, try a walk in, you never know.

Good Luck everyone.

Guys, I had sent my I-485 package to Chicago lockbox on 02/12/2011 but never received txt/email ( although I included G-1145 on top) and it has been almost 20 days now...no checks cashed. It was signed by S. BUSH. The FedEx delivery location says "mailroom". Please suggest if anyone has solution to this. USCIS rep says me to wait for 30 days before I further inquire about it...

Had you hear about your case?

I am in the same situation. I sent the application for my wife on 02/14/2011. It was received on 02/15/2011, but so far we have not got anything from USCIS.

Do you happen to have any contact number we can call to ask for info?

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

just got back from my walk-in biometrics, I was in and out in 20min. I'm so relieved. Got there around 1.45pm and was out a little after 2pm. Another step closer.

My advice, if you live close to the ASC, try a walk in, you never know.

Good Luck everyone.

I am happy for you musicaa...:) Definitely one step closer. I am glad all worked just fine for you. :)

Just after writing my previous post, and some prayer of my wife, she received the email stating the acceptance of the application.

02/14/2011: Forms (I485-I130-I765) sent
02/15/2011: Form delivered
03/08/2011: Email received with receipt numbers for each form.

Just after writing my previous post, and some prayer of my wife, she received the email stating the acceptance of the application.

@centella - The power of prayer, there is nothing stronger than that. Good luck with everything.

@shely - Thank you so much!! (=

@immig4us: I did a walk-in in Alexandria, VA. No problem at all, no lines, I was in and out in 10 mins. I went on Wed, around 12pm. Before my walk in, I was searched this and other forums, and all I found were positive experiences with the walk-in in this office. I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! Still I am waiting for Biometric appointment letter, once I get that will try to walk-in. Hope for the best. Thanks again!

Congrats on ur successful walk in musicaa...what exactly happens at the biometrics....do they take any photos, cuz i really wanna do a walk in but i need to get my hair done first if they will be taking a pic for my GC...LOL