Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

maraL

It was not an error. If you have been married for two years or more, you get a 10-year green card.
Yemroy is correct!! Only when the marriage is new -less than two years , the spouse receives conditional Green Cars!!! That's mean 90 days before the expiration date you have to renew it, which is very important. Second case is when the marriage is more than 2 years like moraL's case. Congrats, moraL :)

UPDATE:

We have an IL and a date for Sept 9th :)

Now we are checking things 20 times and nervous about the big day and pray we don't forget something or make any mistakes. Hope we are all done and joining you all soon!!

@ TonyGman and MaraL
Congratulations guys! All the best!!!!

Hey does anyone know how long it takes for NVC to respond to an email?

@TonyGman that is great news!!!! I called NVC yesterday to check on the review of my one document and no word yet. I am going to call again tomorrow. It is nice to know that your interview was scheduled so quickly! I hope mine moves as fast.
Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

Hey everyone!

Sorry but I have been super busy with work.

To our pleasant surprise, on my break last evening, I got an email from USCIS....GC approved!!!!!

Finally after more than 2 months, we can breath easy :)

All the best to everyone else, will try and catch up with the updates soon :)

@TonyGman that is great news!!!! I called NVC yesterday to check on the review of my one document and no word yet. I am going to call again tomorrow. It is nice to know that your interview was scheduled so quickly! I hope mine moves as fast.
Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

@staticfade56
I would be certain ths lack of word from NVC means you will have an appointment set up by the end of this month for September based on my brief talks with NVC and the patterns noticed. Anyway, I think its good news on the way within the next 2 weeks.

@Melz400
Whats your latest?
I hope your IL will also be forthcoming.

Hey everyone!

To our pleasant surprise, on my break last evening, I got an email from USCIS....GC approved!!!!!

Hey Noella!

Congratulations girl! I am really happy for you. Patience is really the key. Surely calls for a celebration :)

BTW, do you know what took them so long? What were they deciding on?

@Noella
Congratulations!!!!

@TonyGman
Yes I should get a notice or something from NVC this week. I'm hoping to get an appointment letter from NVC this Monday but I think I'm being too hopeful. All the best with you though :) Let's keep our fingers cross and be patient.

Hey everyone!

congrats noella..happy for u..wish u all the best..

thank you very much for your help,

There is something important, my wife at States quit her job recently and she isn't employed anymore ! and I have learned that I need to fill AOF I-846 forms, but I am kinda confused, what am i suppose to do now? What forms should I fill and does that affect the process ? like I-846 or I-846EZ or what? pls answer me ASAP

Taking in consideration she filed I-130 form

In the meantime gather the needed documents for the DS 230. Such as a police report, photocopy of biographic data of passport, certified copy of marriage certificate as well as divorce, birthcertificate (translated), barcoded coversheet and obviously your DS 230 part 1 form. Some people send the DS 230 part 2 as well but that's your choice. Personally, I was not barred from paying for the DS 230 as soon as I received my NVC case number so I'm guessing you can pay for your DS 230 form if your case is current and send in your documents.
Oh I forgot, you should definitely send in all the necessary documents for the Affidavit of support or I-864 form. You can do a quick search for what is necessary to be sent in with your I-864. Or, just call NVC. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noella- I told you that this thread will not be complete until you go green. Congrats, I am happy for you.

MaraL- Congrats, your hard work and patience has paid off.

Hey guys. Finally got my interview for Sep 26th. Any advice on what to expect?

Also it says that interview is at the NBC.....i live in nyc :confused:

OK i figured out that the general automated system says NBC and that the actual letter will tell me where to go

Last edited by a moderator:
@MaraL

Congratulation! Its great to hear that after all you went through at the the start of the application.

@Noella

Congratulations buddy! Now we can atleast call this thread a success! See you again in 2013!

@Dunee88

Congratulations on your interview appointment and goodluck on the interview!

@Noella - congratulations!!!! I'm happy to hear everything worked out..even if it took a while. You have great patience!

@TonyGman and @Melz400

Great news! I called today in follow up to the Belgian Police Certificate and they said that now it is ok (too bad it wasted 15 days though!). So, they accepted our application! And now they are going to schedule our interview. It definitely won't be for September, but hopefully October.

Does anyone have experience with the lead time for the US embassy in Brussels or the interview process? Does the interview process overseas vary based on country or is it standard since they are all US embassies?

thanks!

Feb. I-130/I-485

Hi everyone!

It's great that most of the people that send their papers in February are getting their interview by now. I will like to share my case.

02/28/2011- Send I-130 & I-485
03/02/2011- Check was cash
03/07/2011- got NOA
07/01/2011- Req. from USCIS-additional evidence
08/11/2011- USCIS received the evidence
08/23/2011- still waiting for an answer.

Does it usually takes that long or it depends on the State that an individual lives?
Thank you and good luck for eveyone

Hi everyone!

It's great that most of the people that send their papers in February are getting their interview by now. I will like to share my case.

02/28/2011- Send I-130 & I-485
03/02/2011- Check was cash
03/07/2011- got NOA
07/01/2011- Req. from USCIS-additional evidence
08/11/2011- USCIS received the evidence
08/23/2011- still waiting for an answer.

Does it usually takes that long or it depends on the State that an individual lives?
Thank you and good luck for eveyone

@nattacs
I think based on my experience and knowledge with them, it takes up to 20 business days from the date they receive the papers.

@Noella - congratulations!!!! I'm happy to hear everything worked out..even if it took a while. You have great patience!

@TonyGman and @Melz400

Great news! I called today in follow up to the Belgian Police Certificate and they said that now it is ok (too bad it wasted 15 days though!). So, they accepted our application! And now they are going to schedule our interview. It definitely won't be for September, but hopefully October.

Does anyone have experience with the lead time for the US embassy in Brussels or the interview process? Does the interview process overseas vary based on country or is it standard since they are all US embassies?

thanks!

@staticfade56
That is good news and October sounds correct to me as well. As far as lead time goes.....I think they run 6-10 weeks in general but that may vary by country.
I would love to see the 3 of us get finished together soon :)

@johntrucker
Did you get your IL and date yet?
If I recall you were slighty ahead of us as far as the timeline goes.