• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any F-1 DV Experiences???

aadepetun

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am currently on an F-1 visa, i've been in good status throughout my stay.

I just got married on 08/08/08 and have my DV interview on Oct 14

Has anyone had any F1 DV experience I could learn from?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks.

As long as u have never been out of status and have not worked without Authorization, u should be just fine.
Also have lots of proof to show that ur marriage is real and not a greencard marriage.

Hi,

Thanks.

You are doing CP right? You are totally fine just make sure you have all the required documents for you and your wife-and yes, take as much as proof in regards to your marriage.

Btw, congrats on your marriage...what a good date you have (08/08/08) --> considered as lucky :p

I had my successsful interview today, also in F1(OPT) and married after 1st NL. Since you have already married, I can only hope you did take plenty of pictures of wedding cermony/reception...
I hadn't taken any pictures of our wedding and it was big mistake, however the counselor relaxed as she saw i married in US and had all other documents. I had to explain that our marriage was very quick affair and all. Also, they didn't look at my I 20, H1b approvals, current work permit nothing..just take your transcripts, and plenty of proof for marriage/relationship you will be fine.

Your wedding was very close to the interview, so I would take older pictures, bills in both names etc to show the all was genuine. Better save than sorry!