Any experiences with passport Stamping without courtesy copy?

prashanthk

Registered Users (C)
Mine and my wife's 485 was approved on Aug 19. My wife(derivative) received the courtesy copy but I have not. My attorney has received the official copies for both of us and he will be sending them out next week. Do we have to take the courtesy copies? Has anybody on this forum got their passport stamped with the official notice and not the courtesy copy?

Thanks in anticipation

You need the courtesy copy or the original copy. most of us get it done with the courtesy copy.

good luck.

Interestingly enough the Courtesy Copy specifically states towards the bottom that it can't be used in lieu of the Original Notice for Case Processing. Now, that's what the copy states, but it's evident from this forum that people have used the CC to complete ADIT processing. However, certain locations might require one or the other. I believe San Francisco for eg does require the Original Copy - at least that's what I have seen posted here by others.

I would wait for the Orginal Copy to be safe.

Congrats on your approval.

courtesy copy should be ok

I guess you at least need a courtesy copy. Although we got it stamped in chicago without the the approval notices (courtesy or originial) due special circumstances. We had a death in the family back home & had to leave the country on that day itself. Our I-485 got approved a day before, so we had to wait for a week to get the notices. Someone on this forum suggested me to go to the local office, then try & we did, somehow got a nice officer. She stamped it looking into the approval over the computer.

CC is fine. Specifically if your Lawyer get the original since the CC has your address on it. When you go for stamping you will be asked if the address on the notice if your own.

wong561hb said:
Interestingly enough the Courtesy Copy specifically states towards the bottom that it can't be used in lieu of the Original Notice for Case Processing. Now, that's what the copy states, but it's evident from this forum that people have used the CC to complete ADIT processing. However, certain locations might require one or the other. I believe San Francisco for eg does require the Original Copy - at least that's what I have seen posted here by others.

I would wait for the Orginal Copy to be safe.

Congrats on your approval.

> I believe San Francisco for eg does require the Original Copy

Not really. I went with both copies at SFO for stamping. The clerk preferred the courtsey copies, as they were directed to me. [Orignals are directed to your attorney and then they have to write down your mailing address, to where you want your plasric card to be sent.]

and I had seen quite a few folks have used the courtsey copies at the very same center through this forum.