Any experience with INFOPASS?

dl1cd

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Does any one have experience with INFOPASS to share? I am considering getting an INFOPASS appointment and go see an immigration officer. Wonder if it is any better than calling USCIS helpdesk on their published 1-800 number or is it similar. My previous experience with USCIS helpdesk has not been scintillating (email response came -"action within next 10 days, contact us again if nothing happens in the next 30 days", while I had to spell out my name, address and case number info after a wait of about 10 minutes, having waded through the IVR maze) and I am not keen on a repeat. Follow up via the attorney is as routine as adjusting your watch after a 30 day calendar month.

So, would INFOPASS be an option worth pursuing?

Thanks for your time in responding.

I had decent experiences twice with info pass appointments. News was'nt great - My name check is pending. However, the guys in the counter in both cases were nice and answered my questions. In one case one of them even mentioned that USCIS itself is frustrated with the name-check delays.
I did this in Seattle.

PD Sep 2001 EB3 India
140/485 RD Feb 2004
140 approved
Name check pending

Might be worth pursuing then - thanks!

Yeah - sounds like something worth your time - thanks!

Been there twice on unrelated stuff but I knew my file was there. They are helpful and much better than the 800 no-service system.