Any experience With AOS Interview for PARENT of US CITIZEN

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
My father is having his interview next month.

What do they normally ask during the interview for parents? (Is it as difficult as the spouse case).

Do I need to be there?. What documents do you suggest we take?.

Is it normal for parents to have interview for AOS?.

Regards

Manoj

manojimm said:

What do they normally ask during the interview for parents? (Is it as difficult as the spouse case).

Regards

Manoj

Recently, most of the parents' cases that we see on this board, are approved without an interview. If I remember correctly, in 2004 or '05, someone ("swaiting" I think) in Newark had their mother's interview. The sponsor was allowed to go there with his mother. Luckily, for them no questions were asked, approved and the passport was stamped. You can see the details in the Newark thread on this board.

But Anahit's parents AOS interview was different. If you read her threads you will see that they had some complications with BC, Name check etc.,

I believe if you take all the "Original" docs - the copies of which you filed earlier when applying should be sufficient.

Is your DO - Newark? Can you please post the entire timeline of your parent such as FD, Interview Date etc., I have also applied for my parent in Newark. Thanks.

manojimm said:

Regards

Manoj
The parent AOS interview is not difficult, at all. I don't think you can even compare it to spouse case (at least in most cases).
You can be there, if you want to. Take everything the interview letter tells you to (a recent tax return, originals and copies of documents you submitted, ...).
I think, a lot of parents do get called for an interview. So, it is normal.
If the officer does not give you an answer at the end of your interview (which might take 5 min.), ask him/her if all the checks have been completed on the case. Make sure to get an answer right there.
We weren't given any information except "You're done. We'll contact you through mail within 2 months". I didn't even consider a possibility (having my husband's citizenship stuck in name check for almost 3 years :rolleyes: ) of my parents going thru the same nightmare.
Their interview was on July 7, 2005. Haven't heard from the INS since then...
2 months after the interview we visited the DO, and were told that the wait time is 6 months. :rolleyes:
6 months passed... I contacted my congressman, and found out that my father's case is stuck in background check... No word for my mom's case yet...
Better luck to you!

We PRAY for you

Anahit,
We hope things better for your parents/husband cases soon.
We can PRAY for you.
Have a good one.
-SimiDude
Anahit said:
The parent AOS interview is not difficult, at all. I don't think you can even compare it to spouse case (at least in most cases).
You can be there, if you want to. Take everything the interview letter tells you to (a recent tax return, originals and copies of documents you submitted, ...).
If the officer does not give you an answer at the end of your interview (which might take 5 min.), ask him/her if all the checks have been completed on the case. Make sure to get an answer right there.
We weren't given any information except "You're done. We'll contact you through mail within 2 months". I didn't even consider a possibility (having my husband's citizenship stuck in name check for almost 3 years :rolleyes: ) of my parents going thru the same nightmare.
2 months after the interview we visited the DO, and were told that the wait time is 6 months. :rolleyes:
6 months passed... I contacted my congressman, and found out that my father's case is stuck in background check... No word for my mom's case yet...
Better luck to you!

simidude said:
Anahit,
We hope things better for your parents/husband cases soon.
We can PRAY for you.
Have a good one.
-SimiDude
Thank you, SimiDude and Jenimmi. :)
I appreciate your support greatly!

Last edited by a moderator:
To Anahit

jenimmi said:
But Anahit's parents AOS interview was different. If you read her threads you will see that they had some complications with BC, Name check etc.,

OOPS. Sorry Anahit, I dont know why i assumed you were a guy. :eek:

Anahit said:
Better luck to you!

Come on, Anahit. I've have a discussion with you a couple of months ago about your husband situation. You're an active, energic and resourceful woman, why don't you do something about your husband case. I undersood your point, that you expect him to take action about his problem, but since you're the "expert" in the family maybe you should take action. I don't mean to intrude in your family details, and I hope you don't see it that way, but I hate to see how those s.o.b. from CIS keep your family life in limbo for over 3 years now.
Please don't get angry about my comment, it has all good intentions, considering that you and a few more others in this forum, for the past few moths are like family to me, and, to a certain degree your problems feel like are my own :)

ari4u said:
OOPS. Sorry Anahit, I dont know why i assumed you were a guy. :eek:

:D :D :D HAHAHA :D :D :D

Like I've replied to a guy who sent me a private message a while ago, don't get fooled by the names we've chosen here, they can be very misleading :D :D :D

Suzy977 said:
Come on, Anahit. I've have a discussion with you a couple of months ago about your husband situation. You're an active, energic and resourceful woman, why don't you do something about your husband case. I undersood your point, that you expect him to take action about his problem, but since you're the "expert" in the family maybe you should take action. I don't mean to intrude in your family details, and I hope you don't see it that way, but I hate to see how those s.o.b. from CIS keep your family life in limbo for over 3 years now.
Please don't get angry about my comment, it has all good intentions, considering that you and a few more others in this forum, for the past few moths are like family to me, and, to a certain degree your problems feel like are my own :)

Hey.. I remember that exchange between you and Anahit in one of the CZ thread.
Ok now... Suzy are you Vulpa :D :p ;) :D :D :D ;)

Pardon me if I'm wrong..

Suzy977 said:
Not at all. I take that as a compliment. ;)
And, no, I don't expect my husband to take any action on his case, because I know he won't. The problem is that he doesn't want me to do anything about it, either. The second he decides to go on with filing a lawsuit, I'll do everything. It's just that at this point he doesn't have any desire to deal with the INS. And, I don't want to convince him in doing so, at least not yet...
My parents case is more important to me now, because they need to adjust their status.
Thanks again, Suzy. Believe me, I understand your frustration... Maybe I'll try sending a letter to the White House before going thru the other route. ;)

jenimmi said:
Hey.. I remember that exchange between you and Anahit in one of the CZ thread.
Ok now... Suzy are you Vulpa :D :p ;) :D :D :D ;)

Pardon me if I'm wrong..

Maybe one day we'll talk about this. ;)

You are a smart girl Jenimmi :)

Suzy977 said:
Maybe one day we'll talk about this. ;)

You are a smart girl Jenimmi :)

Thanks Suzy :D :D :D

Do you want to know when I first suspected.. when you told some ONE whether they were a "Boy" or a "Man" - right then... :D
Whether it's acceptable to certain members here or not, I've always been a great fan of your humorous comments and many a times have laughed out aloud getting people around me at work so curious.. ;)

Since we are playing Who's Who - I have had the feeling NYH is TBC. Can she confirm? :D :D :p

needurhelp said:
and you are kathy from other forum :D

Well, looks like we know so much about others electronically just by lurking around here few minutes a day.

Yep. Unfortunately, the Lawyer re-did his whole website smack in the middle.. but I thought my username was corrupt/deleted and recreated a new one ;)

Anahit said:
Really?
Anahit is my real name. It's a very common name in Armenia.

Interesting. I never came across this name before this forum. Thaks for enlightening me on this. :) Good luck

Anyone seen the move Identity? The one with John Cusack in it? This thread reminds me of it... Multiple identities :D :D

Boy, i gotta be careful what i tell to whom now :p

ari4u said:
Boy, i gotta be careful what i tell to whom now :p

Hey Ari,

Picture this: As a guy, to receive PM's from other guys from this forum trying to hit on you :eek: :eek: :eek:

To one of them I've replied among other comments:

"Believe me, the last thing you need in your life is to get into my pants!"

I don't know what he understood, but I strongly believe that I did him a favor :D :D :D

To other guys, I promise you the story of my "name change" (hey horny guys out there, don't understand "sex change" :D ) and of course the details of my OATH;
Tonight I'm living for Los Angeles, a 11-12 hours straight drive, cause I don't like to stop when I drive, it doesn't matter how long is the trip, except for Gas and restroom, of course.

I'll miss you guys...and gals :)

Suzy977 said:

I think I can guess who it might have been..
But we'll just leave it at that.. :p

Good luck with your Oath!

jenimmi said:
I think I can guess who it might have been..
But we'll just leave it at that.. :p

Good luck with your Oath!

I hate to disappoint you, I know exactly who are you thinking about but is not that horny goat :D

Wait until I come back, and take a day off from work, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me (for laughing outloud at work)
;)

hahahaha.... :D

To be honest, i went by your username and assumed you were a girl :eek: :eek:
But i dont think i have ever sent you a PM before :p

A lot of people here initially assumed i was a girl too and yes i did get a "couple" of PM regarding that ;) And to clear it up again for everyone here, i am a guy :D

Suzy977 said:
Hey Ari,

Picture this: As a guy, to receive PM's from other guys from this forum trying to hit on you

I don't know what he understood, but I strongly believe that I did him a favor

To other guys, I promise you the story of my "name change" (hey horny guys out there, don't understand "sex change" :D ) and of course the details of my OATH;
Tonight I'm living for Los Angeles, a 11-12 hours straight drive, cause I don't like to stop when I drive, it doesn't matter how long is the trip, except for Gas and restroom, of course.

I'll miss you guys...and gals :)