Any experience recent using AP

llucy

Does anyone recent enter USA using AP from China? Would you please share your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Can he travel using AP?

Hi Gurus, Friend of mine came to US on B2 in \'98. He converted his B2 to H1 and since than he is working for a same company and always remained in status but never left US. He filed 485 in Aug \'01 and also got AP. His H1 is already expired and he is using EAD now. Can he travel to India using his AP or will it cause a problem because he initially came here on B2? Any body in similar situation? Your help is greatly appericiated. Thanks

My case of entering on AP

Hi, Shrey82,

Regrading complex entering into US.
I entered into US on B1 in 1997, invitation from parent company, I worked for the branch overseas (Moscow). The purpose for invitation was training in headquarters. Then company applied for L1 for me, while I was here on B1. Then I had to change my employer here, so I switched from L1 to H1. Now this (H1) employer applied for my GC and I recently (2 weeks ago) returned back from Russia (this was my first trip out of US since 1997).
On the way out of US I submitted my original I94 entry (attached to my old and expired passport back to 97). Also I insisted that airline representative attached copy of my AP (first she told me that she doesn\'t need it).
On the crossing back US border (Chicago, O\'Hare) I showed AP and passport and was asked general questions (which form I filed recently and when I expect my GC interview). This was it. I am back enjoying working on my employer.

Good luck.

No Title

Hi Andrew,
Do you use your EAD to work or H-1 right now? When you came back, did officer ask for EAD card? What did officer write on your new I-94 card (H-1 or EAD etc.)?
Thank you for your help

why give out I-94 on the way OUT of USA

Andrew, why do you need give back the old I-94 card on your way OUT OF USA? I thought we don\'t need do anything regarding I-94 on the way OUT. It doesn\'t make any sense to me. Please clarify it!

Thanks a lot

Answers

I use EAD, H1 expired this April (and I had no stamp of H1 in my passport, this was a reason why I didn\'t travel outside US on H1 until I got AP)
On AP in the place of Arrival Stamp I\'ve got red stamp with:
Paroled pursuant to sec. 212(d) of the I&N act. paroled until: X-XX-02
purpose: AOS
(port:)CHI (date:)10-XX-01 (officer)XXX
Regarding I94.
I am not sure if I got new I94 being back in Chicago, I\'ll look at my passport and let you know.
I don\'t know why, but they need original I94 which was attached to passport on my last arrival to US (in 1998, I didn\'t cross the border since then up to this recent trip). Keep in mind, however, that this was an airline worker, she could not know the nuances of immigration. This is why I requested her to attach copy of my AP to this I94
On the crossing back to US I was not asked to show any other docs (EAD, etc.), but AP and Passport

Andrew

So, the original I-94 + Copy of AP while going out of US to Airline worker that\'s all right? (He doesn\'t need to give other I 94s which came with his H1)
Did the airline ask you to show AP on your way back to US. How does it work? Your help is grately appericiated.
Thanks

Well

If you are asking about your home country rules to let you out, I think it is up to them. In Russia they ask you to show GC, Visa or AP at the gates to the plane (which is new after S11, before it was a scrutiny at passport control, now it is at passport control and at the gate). Others your assuptions are correct.

I was not given new I94 in Chicago

I got exactly the same record in my passport, as I got in AP, see above. Please, post if somebody got new I94 crossing back on AP

No Title

I-94 card was given on the plan before landing when I first came here. I filled in personal information and the officer wrote down the visa type and the duration of saty on the I-94. This is the I-94 I have right now. Did the flight attendent give all passengers any forms while you were on the plan?

This is right, but

The form with I94 was for non-immigrant visas, as is written on the form. I specially asked stuardess if I need the one, she told me that I don\'t need it. This is why I am curious. My daughter was travelling to and back from Moscow this summer on AP and she got I94 stappeled to her passport.

No Title

So that means the officer even did not mention the new I-94 card when you got through, just stamped on your passport as you said. How was your daught\'s status? Was she under pending for I-485? Did the officer stamp the same thing like you have on her passport? What infor on her new I-94 card (visa type, duration of stay, etc.)?
Thank you for your time.

No Title

As GC holder "permanent resident" you do not need an I-94 (non-immigrant form).
As an AP holder you still need one.

No Title

The stamp in the passport is placed everytime you enter the country no matter which passport you carry.
There used to be a relaxation in this rule for US citizens travelling to & from Canada, but this has changed since middle of 2000, and it is required that you carry your passport at all times.
There are some facilities for regular travellers with the use of INS TransPass, an ATM-like machine located at some POE, and land border crossings. Anybody can get this, including non-US citizens, but there are some rules that have to be satisfied by everybody (# of days of travel, type of work, etc.)

AP twice

I went home twice using AP this year.
at port of entry, just gave AP, and got I-94
with:
parole until: indefinite
purpose: AOS
date: xx-xx-2001

the 2nd time, it was after 9.11, asked me for my H1 I-797 approval notice, told them I did not bring it with me, still got entered.
phew!

how many copies of AP are required to travel outside US?

I read i copy for INS,one for airline and 1 for self...is that true/correct?

AP should be no problem.

My wife recently travelled back to China for vacation. She is working using her EAD and her H-1 is expired. Since she never left the country since the H-1, she did not have a H-1 visa stamp on her passport. So, she just used her AP as entry document. No problems.
Hope it helps.

GCMyLanta2 -

On which visa your wife initially enter to US? What documents require to enter on AP? Thanks for your help